Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Girls Day


Madeley and I had a wonderful girls day today!  We headed out early this morning for The Wonder Place. 
She's making her "mad face."


We met my friend, Tara, and her daughter, Lola.  We've had these plans for a long time and finally made it happen today.  The Wonder Place is a great, creative place for children to play.  Now, here's one of the hardest part of me being a blogging mom... Madeley does not want her picture taken.  She literally runs from the camera screaming, "No!!"  So I end up with 15 pictures of the back of her head and one blurry one of her face.  I'm not joking... you should see my camera role.  Anyhow, these are the best I could get.


It didn't take her long to find the books.  All she wants to do is read!!!



After playing, we headed to US Pizza!!  Lola is such a big girl!



Madeley made a big mess, stressing me out... but she ate well, so I was happy.




To end the day, we went to Barnes and Noble to read some books.  Since Madeley loves to read, I had this specific event planned out in my head.  I just knew we would sit and read book after book after book and have an enjoyable time.  Ha ha.  That did not happen.  Instead, Madeley ran from shelf to shelf, grabbing books, dropping books, taking books.  Agh.  Tara had to tell me everything would be okay.  Once Madeley calmed down from the excitement of all the books, we did have fun.  We read and played and looked around. Now this is funny...  I told her we could pick out a few books to buy.  So when she finally found the one she wanted, she wanted all four copies of the same book.  I literally had to pry two of the books from her hands.  Then I hid the third one and bought the fourth one.  Don't worry... I told a worker where I put it.  It was actually just on a high shelf that Madeley couldn't reach.  I am so happy with the books we picked out, and I know she is too!





She did not even fall asleep on the way home.  She just acted silly and talked the whole time.  We played until she about crashed at 7, still begging me to read her more books.



Good news... Derrick got me an iPad for Christmas!!  I blogged on it yesterday and today.  It takes some getting used to, but I already love it!!!  Thanks for a wonderful gift Derrick!!
So the iPad has an app called Photo Booth.  It takes all kinds of silly pictures.  Derrick and Madeley played on it today... she looks like a cartoon character.


On this next picture, he asked her where her head was.  She got very confused, ha ha!!


Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Another great post for a seemingly wonderful day with Madeley. I am so glad you all were able to share this time together and with your friends. Both girls are beautiful.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011