Friday, December 30, 2011

OCDAST

I think I have OCDAST... in other words, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder About Some Things.  Like I'm not obsessive about all things, just some things.  For instance, I go crazy if my sheets aren't straight and pulled tight.  I fall apart if my desks at school aren't straight.  But other things don't bother me as much, like 12 jackets thrown over the back of my love seat.  I should probably be embarrassed to type that out loud.

If any of you know me very well, you know it's typical of me to chase Madeley around with a wet rag.  While constantly cleaning her hands and face, I'm also fixing her hair and whatever else needs fixing.  I don't know why, but this area is one of the "some things" I obsess over.  I hang around her high chair just waiting to help her eat or clean her up!  This morning, she actually told me to go, ha ha.  She did not want any help with her oatmeal!! 



I just wanted to help her eat the oatmeal... aka make sure she didn't get it everywhere.  
Then later, I had a ham, egg, and cheese biscuit that she literally stole from me.  Every bite stressed me out.  It was messy and greasy and not made for kids!








I think she's actually hugging it in that last pic.  Goodness, I wanted to crawl out of my skin!  This is obviously something I'm going to have to work on.  I realize that.  But it's just funny that not every mess bothers me.

When we were at Rebekah's house earlier this week, a friend watched as I chased and cleaned Madeley every step of the way.  At one point, I said to Madeley, "Push your hair out of your face, baby."  Of course she did (great at following directions).  The onlooking friend then said, "Wow... I bet your house is spotless.  Isn't it?  Because you're like OCD!"  Rebekah laughed out loud!!!!  (She's seen my house at its best.)  I simply replied, "Not quite.  I'm not OCD about all things... just some things."

When it comes to cleaning, I probably need to attempt to be OCD.  Ha ha.












1 comment:

Dianne said...

I am just getting a chance to see your posts for the 31st and the 1st. They are so interesting and the pictures are absolutely adorable. I try to keep Mary LeNoir's hair and appearance as neat as I can, but she sometimes rebels and doesn't mind looking what I call, "scraggly." Hopefully, she will feel differently as she matures. Right now she is 6 and full of herself.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011