Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions



Well, I guess I'll make some New Year's resolutions.  I don't usually do this, but I also didn't used to have blog readers to keep me accountable. :)

I'm going to start with the light-hearted ones...

1.  Stop drinking cokes, no wait... why would I do that to myself?  It seems so unfair and impossible.  There is literally an argument going on inside me as we speak.  "You do not need to drink a coke every day.  You need to stop drinking them altogether." ... "But I LOVE COKES!!  I think I need them to survive!"
Since I don't really want to pack on the pounds, and I do not want to drink diet cokes, then the logical choice is to cut back.  No pick-me-up cokes at 3:30 every day.  But I will just have to make a few exceptions... for my sanity.
Times it is okay to drink a coke:
  • When someone hands me a coke because they can see IT in my eyes. (IT being my need for a coke)
  • When I eat pizza or mexican.
  • When a glass bottle coke is available within a 5 mile radius.
So that may not leave many no-coke days, but the idea is to cut back, right?  I LOVE COCA-COLA!!!


2.  Exercise, or something like it.  Move my body.  You know, get up more frequently than normal.  I am so not the exerciser type.  There was one summer that I ran, but I had an amazing coach.  I don't know where she is now.  And Audra (great runner) just calls me to walk.  I see how it is.  She thinks I can't run.  Well, I've got news for her... I got new shoes!!  Look out!  I'm going to exercise... or something like it.


3.  Keep my house tidy.  This is a huge chore, but I think I'm up for it.  I decided about 4 months ago that I would do better with laundry, and I have.  I'm not great, just better, but I made a plan and stuck to it.  I can do the same with the whole house.  I can be a clean freak.  I can be a clean freak.  I can be a clean freak.  I am going to stop typing this, but keep saying it in my head and hope it works.


4.  Make more "fun mom" plans with Madeley.  My friend Tara is great at this, and she is a wonderful influence on me.  The bottom line is this... I don't want to look back and remember playing on an iPhone/iPad instead of playing with my daughter.  It's just not right.  We all know that, but it is so easy to get caught up in technology.  I won't do it.  Madeley is actually just getting to a good age for me to make plans and do things.  I look forward to the fun times we'll have together.


5.  This may be at the bottom of the list, but that doesn't mean that it is the bottom of my list of priorities.  I need to strengthen my relationship with God.  I look around and think... Where did it go?  My relationship with the Lord hasn't been the same since my mom passed away.  I pray I wasn't holding a grudge against God, because I want to understand Him better than that.  But I really think I have been changing a lot.  And things in your life just don't stay the same when you're changing.  I know He understands, and I know we will work it out.  I'm just officially putting it on the list.  That means more prayer, more study, more quiet time, and more church.  My church seems so foreign to me right now.  There have been many changes, and I have been so removed that it doesn't seem like home anymore.  But I know that everyone there loves me and my family, so it won't be hard to find our place again.  


Well, that's it!  That's my list.  It probably looks like 99% of the rest of the world's, but that's okay.  It means a lot to me.  What's on your list?


For my non-Facebook friends and family.  Here are my favorite pictures of Madeley from this week...

Sweetest smile ever!

Book worm...


Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Good luck, Morgan, with your resolutions. I have to admit I don't really make any each year, but I can certainly improve in many ways.

God bless you and your family always and especially this year. May it be a happy, healthy one for everyone.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011