Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trying Twos

We have entered into a very significant phase... terrible twos.  But I never ever want to call Madeley terrible, so I'm going to re-name the phase trying twos.  These are some trying times in my life, so the name is very appropriate.  I think I need to share a few tidbits of the last week with you.

Dad pretty much let's Madeley do whatever she wants... even if that means rolling the inside of the house.



I told her to smile, and of course she struck a pose.  Can you guess who got to clean up this mess?


I thought we could start potty training soon, but I'm beginning to think otherwise.  About a month ago, Madeley used the big potty twice.  She's also used the potty some at preschool.  I just wanted to ATTEMPT this big transition.  Think again Morgan.  Madeley shows very few signs that she is ready for potty training, which means I'm really just pushing her into it.  Everything I have read says not to push them.  Madeley will still experience some slow downs because she was premature.  It could be that the muscles that help her wait to potty aren't ready yet either.  I will be patient.  But... I'm sure you will enjoy a few potty stories.

The other night, we were at Dad's and I was on the phone with Jessica.  We were talking about potty training and she said, "Brian and I used to put Caroline's potty chair in front of the tv.  That way, she could play around it, sit on it, and get used to it.  Have you tried that yet?"

I said no, and she told me to move the chair to the living room.  I did, but it wasn't five minutes until Madeley decided she didn't like it.  She picked that chair up and took it right back to the bathroom where it belongs...



This may not be perfect blogging material, but if I'm going to share my life, I have to share this... pooping stories.  Madeley has been pooping in the bath tub a lot lately and it really ranks in the OCDAST category of my life.  I freak out every single time.  She probably has no idea what's going on, so I have a hard time getting on to her for it.  I just try to release my frustration by frantically scrubbing the tub.  

Last night, I was still thinking about potty training, so Madeley and I spent about twenty minutes in the bathroom with no diaper.  I thought she would eventually HAVE to use the bathroom.  At one point, she picked up the potty and moved it closer to the door.  She started to back up like she wanted to sit down on it.  I went to pick her up to sit her on the toilet.  At that second, and it only took a second, she pooped a lot... less than 2 inches from the potty.  I thought, oh man!!!  I guess I was happy she tried.  It wasn't the perfect situation, but it was better than the bath tub full of water.

Today, I fed Madeley oatmeal for breakfast, just like I do every Saturday morning.  After getting her situated, I walked out of the room for just a minute.  When I came back, I found this...


Notice that the oatmeal is EVERYWHERE.  OCDAST... oatmeal mess.  I took her straight to the bath tub so I could adequately clean her.  Guess what happened in the tub... poop.  This was all before 9:30 am.  Happy Saturday!  I think I may lose my mind!!   

I do love my Madeley though... through messes and fits and poops.  She's my baby!

Thanks for reading... I'm going to relax for just a minute while she naps.

 

2 comments:

Dianne said...

This does seem to be a trying time for you, but this, too, shall pass! I agree that maybe Madeley is not ready to fully potty train so just continue to have patience, and she will come around. (I know this is easier said than done, but it is true.)

Thanks for the adorable pictures in this post, and I love you.

Cara Norton said...

Trying twos...fun times coming to our house soon.
We like to poopy in the bathtub at our house too! I do not get it. We just buy lots of bleach. Need a bottle on hand at all times.
I love that the toilet belongs in the bathroom. I agree with Madeley on that one!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011