Friday, January 6, 2012

What I'm loving


I should SO be sleeping, but it's been bugging me that I didn't tell you what I was loving yesterday.  I've missed several "What I'm loving Wednesdays" and I just feel like I need to get with it!!  So even though it is Thursday night (almost Friday morning), here's what I'm loving...

I love love love my new Clarisonic skin cleaning system.  Not sure why it's called a "system" because it's a brush, but it is an AMAZING brush.  My dad got Jessica and I one for Christmas.  I had never heard of it before... Jessica assured me that I would love it.  And I do!  I do!  The brush spins 300 times a second.  You read that right, 300 times in a second!!  Crazy fast brush... making my skin soft, smooth, and just plain wonderful.  I know my dad reads this blog, so... Thanks Dad for the amazing gift!!!


I have been using a Chi blow dryer for about 3 or 4 years now.  I remember that I received my first one in the parking lot of Canyon Grill, for my birthday.  That one died, and I was able to use the warranty to get a new one.  I used to think these blow dryers hung the moon.  Blow drying my hair into a silky smooth healthy mane.  Well, the one I have now started to slow down a few weeks ago.  Blowing slower and slower and slower.  I swear it took 45 minutes to completely blow dry my mop.  It finally gave up Tuesday morning.  I actually ended up meeting Derrick for lunch with wet hair.  After lunch, I went over to Target and forced myself to purchase a cheap replacement.  And thank the Lord I did!!!  My new Conair Ion Shine ($21) is the best thing since I discovered straighteners!!!  It's lightweight (I'm a wimp) and blow dries my hair in less than 7 minutes.  I timed it.  And I get silkier healthier hair than I did with the Chi.  I was even on time to work today with straight hair!!


This next love may make you cringe... just beware.  When my mom got me a Chi straightener, I was completely surprised.  They had just come out, several years ago, and I was shocked she spent the money.  I loved the straightener and used it every day.  In the meantime, she started thinking that maybe she needed to be straightening her hair as well.  She had really short hair and I tried to explain to her that it was quite unnecessary for her to straighten, but she didn't listen.  She didn't want to purchase herself a Chi, so she bought a Walmart one.  Not necessarily as great of a purchase as the blow dryer I just bought.  Actually, her straightener wasn't worth jack.  So she kind of forgot about it for a little bit... Until one day, when she came home with the Helen of Troy straightener.  Now, if you know your straighteners, you know this is a Sally's step-down from a Chi, but it can work.  The bad part is that she got it from the lost and found at school.  Icky!!  "Mom, are you really going to use that?!?!"  Even after my attempt to convince her of the possible lice, she proceeded to use it. (I guess lice can't really live on hot metal, but still.)  Of course, it was a wide straightener, so it did nothing to help her style.  It ended up in a drawer.  Now jump to present day... my wonderful Chi straightener died at the beginning of the summer.  Since we didn't have the funds to run out and replace it, guess where I ended up... my mom's old bathroom looking for the Helen of Troy!  I figure after several years, anything left from the unknown previous owner is gone now.  This straightener is safe to use, right?  And I love it that I'm eating my words after telling my mom never to use that thing.  Lesson... even the cheap stuff works good, and so does the stuff stolen from lost and found!!



I love my new boots!  They are just the right color to go with anything.  Watch out, I'll probably wear them everywhere I go for the next two months or longer!!


I'm loving that Derrick let me off the hook tonight.  We picked up pizza and then I laid down on the couch.  I quickly fell asleep, rough day back, and he took care of Madeley.  It was so nice to rest, but I was happy to wake up just in time to read her a book and tuck her in bed.  

So tonight, I'm loving my sweet little family with all my heart!  Thanks Derrick for being great!!



And thank you for reading!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I have missed what you love on Wednesdays, and I am glad you are back! I especially love your boots and your family as well as the descriptions of the neat skin and hair products.

Have a good weekend.

Love you.

Cara Norton said...

This post absolutely cracked me up. I can see and hear you telling your mom how nasty it is to use that straightener. Made me laugh out loud.

I also read your Sunday post. The Joy of the Lord is your strength. I do not want to imagine living without my mother. You live it daily. I admire you for your strength. You are an amazing person, wife, friend, mom, and teacher. I am proud to call you my friend.

Love you

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011