Friday, January 28, 2011

4th Annual Beard Shaving

Every year, toward the end of duck season, my husband begins to look very burly, mountain manish, and just flat out hairy. I've been told that the beard is essential for duck hunting. The ducks must not see the face, otherwise they'll leave. Who knew they were that smart? Derrick always talks about faces shining, referring to the guys that choose not to grow the manly beard. What about me though, what if I went hunting? Wouldn't my face "shine"? I sure can't grow a beard! Maybe I'd have to wear a mask...




Yep! That's me, and my substitute facial hair. Now back to the point, my favorite part of duck season is the beard shaving event. It symbolizes so many things in my life: the end of duck season, the end of my control of the television, and my husband's smooth face. Now here is how he looked last night...




You would want your husband to shave that thing too!!! The beard shaving event has become a hilarious tradition. We shave the beard in stages, creating the most comical facial hair.



The mug shot:













Each mustache is better than the last. A few of the previous beard shaving events...













I have laughed until I've cried! Just one more thing I love about my husband! Needless to say, he isn't the only one with crazy hair...





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Betty said...

Good on ya, Derrick! Hope duck hunting was successful (I'm sure the ducks would disagree!)
Morgan, you take great pictures every year of the beard-shaving; I laugh each time I see them. Madeley's 'crazy hair'....hahaha.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011