Sunday, January 30, 2011

The toilet, really?

I end up saying, "The toilet? Really Madeley? The toilet?" at least once or twice a day. We make a conscious effort to close the lid, but that doesn't always happen. Madeley has a sixth sense and something tells her the lid is up. She sneaks in and goes to town in the toilet. I've grabbed some strange things out, washed them off, and handed them back with a stern "NO NO!!" Here are just a few interesting pictures.


Lid down, thank goodness. Otherwise, my cute necklace would be soaked. She was definitely checking to see if the opportunity was there though.





Oh! She found a new toy! That just happened to be a new roll.

The toilet isn't the only place where mischief occurs. Anything she's not supposed to have, she gets her hands on...


Wrapping paper/tissue. Which she tears into tiny pieces and then proceeds to eat, like a goat.


Cookies she found in my bag. Too bad she couldn't figure out how to open the baggy. My cookies!


Dog food, oh the dog food. She eats it every time we go to Dad's. Within 10 minutes of arrival, I'm digging it out of her mouth and she's screaming like I just took away dinner.


Oops! We must keep cups out of reach. She'll always go for those. I've caught her licking the floor after she spilled something. Hmm... Why doesn't she know that's strange? She's still cute though!

..........

This blog is 2-part, because I have a lot to say.

I'm just going to tell you a little bit about our day at Dad's yesterday. Dad is doing pretty good, healing well from a broken ankle. He's stubborn though and doesn't like to follow directions. Such as, "Don't walk without the boot, and don't put pressure on the broken foot." To him, that translates to, "Don't worry about wearing that boot all the time. Move around without it! And put as much pressure as you want on that foot!" I'm not kidding, he does the exact opposite of what he is told. Anyway, we are all coming off a sad week because Cramie Cramer (the goldfish) died. Dad has taken good care of him over the past 3 years. He's given Cramie CPR once and saved his life, but the CPR just didn't work this time. So Cramie Cramer went to swim with the fishies. Caroline, my niece, is a little sad about losing the fish, but she understands.

Jessica thinks she has to clean something, remember she gets the job done! So she decides to go out and blow some leaves. Unfortunately, the blower ate her favorite cardigan. Funny.



And after that, she stepped in dog poop. Even more funny. So she's cleaning her shoes and I'm laughing at her, like a nice sister!

We ended the night with a wonderful dinner!! A mixture of bowtie pasta, sautéd chicken, onions, green peppers, huge mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and my new favorite thing... Philidelphia Cooking Cream! Yummy!



Topped with a little shredded mozzerella. You would L-O-V-E this meal. We all did. Fun day at Dad's!!

.........

Note to coffee lovers:

Since I'm blogging so early, I must tell you about my morning coffee. Yesterday, I drank the last of the most wonderful, flavorful, spiciest creamer ever. International Delight Pumpkin Spiced Creamer. Yum. Anyway, I have to move on to something else until November rolls back around. Today I am having what I call Peppermint Crème. Do you like it that I included the thing above the e? I do, looks fancy.

Okay, so here's how you make the stuff. Crush up 2 small candy canes (I collect them after Christmas, but peppermints work just fine). Then mix them with extra creamy powdered creamer, and a little sugar for the sweetness you desire. Add in the coffee, stir. Don't forget to add whipped cream on top. I love it!



Love you for reading!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Loved this blog ... I feel like I should post 3 comments, one for each subpart. :)
Loveddd all the pics of Micheivous Madeley! And the comments, you're too funny. So sorry your daddy still isn't doing well. Have you seen "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?" Maybe we could try a spray on boot?!?! :)
Was that the Bow Tie Chicken Pasta from the Junior League cookbook?? My Fav!
I'm thinking about cooking the pasta and whipping up your coffee drink tonight. Both sound dee-wish-uss as Avery would say!

Love you!!

Betty said...

Bwaaahahaha! Love the pictures of Madeley getting into mischief; glad to hear Rick is getting better, even if he isn't listening to all the women in his life, eh? As for Jessica's sweater and shoes...been there...mainly the shoes part. Keep the hilarity coming!

kath said...

She eats tissue paper and dog food and licks up the floor. You say that like it's a bad thing.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011