Monday, January 31, 2011

Hot Tea and New CDs

Ugh...

The first sentence of my blog goes like this:

Well, not to give you a play by play, but today was a little strange.

That's all I have right now of that blog, the rest recently disappeared, which adds to the strangeness of the day. I could give up, but I'm going to start over.

Okay, so I've thought all day that I had a meeting tonight. I asked Derrick last night if he would keep Madeley tonight, so I could go. He says, "Sure, but isn't your meeting Tuesday night?"

My response, "Nope. It's tomorrow night."

When I got up this morning, I picked out my outfit knowing I would be wearing it to the meeting. I picked out my white cardigan. It's pretty.

I was giving a test in first block, and my nose starts bleeding. Who knows? I could have cared less that they were testing. I rushed out to clean it up. I couldn't ruin my cardigan... I was going to wear it to the meeting.

When I was leaving school, I stopped by my friend Kristin's room. I told her I was trying to get home early because I had a meeting. She says, "I thought your meetings were on Tuesdays."

My response, "Nope, it's tonight."

I run around like crazy, getting something to eat, picking up Madeley, paying a bill. Just trying to get home early. I stop by to check on Dad, and I mention that I have a meeting. He says, "I thought PEO meetings were on Tuesdays."

My response, "Nope, it's tonight." Should I have gotten the point by now? Well, I didn't.

We get home and Madeley is very very unhappy. I don't want to leave her in the middle of fussy, teething, tiredness. I decide maybe I just won't be making it to that meeting after all. I call my ride and tell her I don't think I'm going. She says, "Oh, well the meeting is tomorrow night anyway."

Hmmmmmm.

Ummmmmm.

Does that mean Derrick, Kristin, and Dad all knew when my meeting was, and I didn't? Uh, yes. Needless to say, I took off that dang cardigan and put on my snowflake pajama pants. Derrick and I watched Madeley play for a little bit. Can you guess what she was playing?









Sweet baby, playing 52 card pick up. Except she never picked them up! They're still in the floor right now.

When I finally got her in bed, I just felt the need to relax. I thought I deserved it, so I fixed myself a cup of hot red tea. Red tea's the new green tea, if you didn't already know that.



Sooooooo good.



Now I'm indulging in my new music. I went iTunes CRAZY while Derrick was "hunting" this past weekend. I say "hunting" because the last weekend of duck season consisted of card playing, food cooking, camaraderie. Since that was going on, I decided to purchase. I got JJ Heller's entire album. Pure bliss. Her music will relax you, touch your heart, and make you smile. I recommend looking into her.



If you want something more upbeat, you should try "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Super song my brother-in-law introduced me to. It's folky and cowboyish. It makes you feel like you're falling in love right in front of the Alamo during the Texas Revolution. Except for Jane, girl in the song, talks about Alabama and Arkansas. And Alexander talks about riding in the car while Jane smokes a cigarette. Whatever. I'm in the basement of the Alamo in 1836 when I listen to that song!!



Great night at Home! I'm with Derrick and Madeley... love it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

LeLe said...

I love red tea. But I've only tried the Tazo Passion. I really need to expand my tea horizons past what they have in the coffee and tea aisle in Sheridan Walmart.

Betty said...

I thought only retired people don't know which day it is. Although, actually, you DID know the day, just NOT the day of the meeting. This is too funny. I love the way you express yourself!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011