Friday, August 9, 2013

Bird watchers

If you've ever read my blog, you know I love birds. And I guess I'm raising a little bird watcher as well. She absolutely loves to put out seed and wait for birds to come. She's awesome at spotting cardinals and it makes me smile when she can tell me if she's watching a male or a female. We've seen several families of birds over the past few days... so she can now spot the juvenile cardinals. (I sound like a serious bird watcher, right?)

Click to watch video

She sometimes gets so excited that she runs them off!
When she saw this...




She said, "Oh look... he's kissing the mama! No wait, is he feeding the baby a worm???"
I explained that he was feeding the baby, just not feeding the baby a worm.
We also made a bird feeder this summer. Madeley had seen a show where the kids made bird feeders out of pine cones, peanut butter, and seeds. GREAT experience...
















She couldn't have been more unhappy during that experience. The pine cones pricked her hands... she couldn't handle the mess we made with the seed... she couldn't find the "right" place to put it on the tree. To be completely honest, I think it should have been nap time instead of craft time. BUT it all turned out well in the end.




She thought it was more than amazing that a squirrel stole the bird feeder right off the tree and just about ate the entire pine cone. The birds also handled the the mess we made with the seeds, so it was a happy ending after all.
Thanks for reading!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011