Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mama, you scared me!

So I'm sitting in the recliner, watching a movie with Derrick the other day and Madeley comes in with a scared/sad look on her face and says, "Mama, you scared me!!"
I looked at her confused, knowing I had done nothing of the sort. I asked, "What in the world did I do to scare you?"
She proceeded to show me a picture she had found. I was maybe 15 years old, 10th grade. Long hair, braces. Not the best picture, but not scary that I could see. As reluctant as I am, I'll share, just so you'll see what I saw...




A little bit of an awkward stage, I'll agree, but who didn't go through an awkward stage? Anyhow, still showing the same SCARED look, Madeley hid her face and said, "See, it's scary!"
I said, "What's so scary? It's just me."
Then she said it... I'll never forget it as long as I live...
She said, "Your EYEBROWS!! They SCARE me!!!"
Derrick laughed.
A little tickled and a little hurt, I said, "Oh dear, I guess they are scary!"
Nobody waxed or tweezed their eyebrows in the tenth grade! Or if they did, they didn't tell me. That came later, like 11th or 12th grade. Madeley's just always seen my eyebrows well groomed. I realized the picture must have been a shock to her. She then brought me an entire stack of pictures that she found in the closet. With every flip of a picture, she winced at my eyebrows. Eventually she said, "I'm ready to put those pictures away. I don't like them!" I put the pictures back in the closet, thanking God my eyebrows do not look like that today... my child would be scared of me!!

Here's a shot of me at age 4. The eyebrows were already out of control...



I'm hoping Madeley won't have the same issues. Maybe she'll have her Dad's eyebrows...


:) Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011