Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bad Bet

Well, apparently I've made a bad bet with my husband. We were watching baseball and talking about fastballs and hits. I made the comment that I could surely hit the ball, given enough chances. I mean, I did play one summer of softball. Anyway, Derrick said there was no chance I'd hit a 99 mph ball even once out of 100 times. I thought to myself, just once... anyone can do that. So I made the bet. Immediately after we shook hands, one of Derrick's college baseball friends texted. Derrick told him about the bet and he said, "No chance." A little discouraging, but I've still got my hopes up.

A little later, after Derrick was gone, I called Dad to get his thoughts. I explained the bet and waited to hear his response. He said, "No honey, I don't think you can do it." What?!? Don't tell me that! I need support. He and Derrick both told me the ball would pass me before I ever knew it. Dad said my reflexes aren't good enough. So I've come up with a plan... I am going to swing before the ball is ever released. That should work, right? Get a head start on that thing! We'll see...

The winner gets a new pair of shoes. I'm not sure how this will all play out. Derrick said he would take me to some batting cages, but it would be expensive. I said, "Not if I hit it on the first pitch!"


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Good luck, Morgan, on winning the bet. Please let us all know how things turn out. We are pulling for you!

Love you.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

We learned by just sticking our bat out when the ball was pitched. It gave us confidence then we slowly began to swing the bat! Just stick it out there!! Good luck!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011