Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Losing my mind

I really might be losing my mind. Some of my friends know that I forget thoughts during conversations. I lose questions and comments in mid-sentence, and I never remember them until they don't matter anymore. I forget important things and unimportant things. I just don't seem to have a sharp mind anymore. Am I too young to say that I'm getting old? I don't think so, seeing as how my grey hairs have started to outnumber my brown ones.

Just the other day, I looked ALL OVER the place for Madeley's pink and white striped coat. I looked in every room, in my car, in the laundry room... everywhere! When I finally found it, it was hanging on the door knob of my closet in my bathroom. I had literally passed it multiple times a day, but I guess I had just overlooked it. I felt crazy when I found it.

Today, I had just finished my make-up, and I was about to blow dry my hair. I got out my John Frieda Frizz-Ease serum and pumped some into the palm of my hand. Now this stuff is thick and greasy. It's supposed to tame my hair and keep it smooth all day. Anyhow, I rubbed my palms together and instead of applying it to my hair, I put it on my cheeks. Really Morgan? With my make-up completed, I smeared hair oil on my face. I freaked out while looking in the mirror. My hands were still pressed against my cheeks, so I literally looked like the boy in Home Alone. No joke. I did the best I could to get the oil off and fix my make-up. All I could think the entire time was there's no way my face isn't going to break out. I mean, I have strange skin. The slightest change sends it into shock and it takes weeks to recover. Now just add a little oil to my skin regimen and I'm sure it will respond well. Kidding.

So I think I may need to do some mind strengthening exercises. I'll look that up soon and let you know how it goes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

So, being 'old' already...I'm gonna tell you what happens. You have a gazillion things on your mind...getting ready for work, getting Madeley ready for preschool, preparing your mind for teaching, thinking about what to do for dinner, thinking about your dad, etc., etc., etc. It's no wonder now and then you put your hair stuff on your face or vice versa. It's not that you are feeble-minded; it's that your mind is a million miles away while you are doing your 'daily regimen'. Not to worry; it will sort itself out. You are way too young and way too smart to be 'losing it' already. Just a lot on your mind. My advice...for what's it worth (and it's only worth what you pay for it, eh?) is to relax and let things happen and not worry about them. Enjoy your morning, day, evening...knowing you are beautiful and loved!

Dianne said...

I totally agree with Aunt Betty, Morgan. You are a busy young lady with a great mind. I believe you are fine, too, just preoccupied.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011