Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lighten up

There are many times a day that I feel the need to tell myself to lighten up. I'm super uptight when it comes to Madeley, my classes, and staying on a schedule. I guess life isn't about schedules. So I should be happy I have a schedule for Madeley and my classes, but not bent out of shape when things don't go as planned. Last night, we spent the evening with our friends Rebekah and Aaron. You may know, Rebekah has three kids, and she goes with the flow. She rolls with the punches. You know what I mean. She's easy going and not much gets her worked up. Me, on the other hand, I follow Madeley around... making sure she's clean, happy, and okay at all times. At the end of the day, all our kids are clean, safe, and happy... even the ones that weren't stalked by their mother. Wouldn't it be easier on me to lighten up and have a little more fun? I do enjoy spending time with friends while our kids play. I'm so thankful for those fun, laughing moments that seem to come at the end of a stressful week when we need them most. If I had hurried home at 8:00 to put Madeley in bed, I would have missed all that. Thanks to Rebekah for teaching me that I'm can loosen up and still be a great mother!

.....................................

Even though it's 11:35 right now, I'm happily sipping my first cup of hot coffee and listening to Norah Jones. I'm relaxed and happy. I have a very distinct memory of spending an entire day with my mother listening to Norah Jones. She loved her! We put the CD in the DVD player so it would play over the TV speaker. Then we sang, cleaned, and visited the entire day. It was wonderful! I'm sure she attempted to dance a few times, but I made her stop. I wish I would have let her. I wish I would have let her sing whenever she wanted too, because now I sing all the time without knowing all the words. I hope Madeley never tells me to stop. I miss my mom. I'm sure if you loved her, you miss her too.

I'll blog again later today with some sweet pictures of Madeley. Thanks for reading!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Morgan, what a sweet memory of Carol! She was an excellent dancer.

Looking forward to the pictures of Madeley when you post them.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011