Sunday, September 4, 2011

Making memories

The day started out slow and relaxing, just like yesterday. I let Madeley cook me some lunch. I never know what I'm going to get with her.


Later in the afternoon, we headed to Dad's. Jessica, Brian, and Caroline were there as well. We decided to make a delicious dinner, as opposed to ordering burgers. We had The Pioneer Woman's meatloaf, parmesan garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans.



My friend, Rebekah, has made the meatloaf for me before. I couldn't wait to share the recipe with Jessica. It was delicious!!

Jessica also whipped up some amazing white chocolate bread pudding. She loves to use her Junior League Big Taste of Little Rock cookbook. I must say, the bread pudding was rich and delicious! The best part... we didn't have any sugar, so Jessica emptied several packets until she got a full cup.


Final product...


Do I need to mention that the recipe called for FOUR cups of heavy whipping cream?? I shouldn't have even been looking at this dessert, much less eating it!! Thanks Jessica.

I enjoyed my time with my sister tonight. One thing we've realized lately is that we have a hard time with the other's parenting decisions. I don't think Jessica makes bad decisions, I just hate it when Caroline gets into trouble or gets her feelings hurt. I think Jessica feels the same way about Madeley. We are good at parenting our own kids, but can't stand to see the other's child in trouble. I guess it just goes to show how much we love our girls!!

Here's Jessica taking great care of Madeley.



So glad I don't have to work tomorrow!! Thanks for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011