Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sweet Saturdays

I never rush to make plans on Saturdays for one reason. There is this small moment of time when I get to sit in the recliner with a hot cup of coffee. I can either read my book or watch something interesting on television. It's me time, and I like it! The morning time with Madeley is sweet and enjoyable. This morning we watched Tangled and she clapped as the lanterns were released. That time with her is priceless! But as soon as she gets tired, she gets fussy. She willingly lays down, and I get to enjoy some alone time. After a week of telling kids to be quiet and listen or be quiet and work, I finally get to be quiet myself and relax. I do have clothes washing and drying, but I get to ignore the other chores for a little while. I guess we never realize how important alone time is until we don't get it for a while.

This afternoon, we'll be heading over to Dad's to spend the evening with him and some friends. I'm so thankful for the weekend and the time spent with the people I love! Derrick is steadily preparing for hunting season. I know he's loving it!!

Have a great Saturday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Sounds as though you were having a wonderful, relaxing Saturday. I know Rick was happy you all spent some of the day with him.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011