Saturday, September 17, 2011

Runny nose

Madeley has only been "sick" once in her life. She was three months old and went into respiratory distress because of RSV. I was a pro at suctioning her nose. I mean, she weighed like 10 pounds... how could I not be? Anyway, there have been a few stomach virus scares here and there, but for the most part she's been a healthy little girl. Now, since we've been exposed to the daycare coodies and all, she has a consistent runny/gooky nose. And it's gross. I have fought with her a few times in attempt to clean her nose... but not with much success. I finally admitted today that I think she's stronger than me. She wins the fights. Maybe I give in because I don't want to hurt her by awkwardly holding her tight enough to get that nose. I don't know.

Well, I ended up being somewhat successful today. If I caught her off guard, I could swipe my t-shirt across her nose and get a clean sweep. Yes, my shirt. Did it four times, and I felt accomplishment each time. Then, by 3:00, she was cleaning her own nose... and doing an awesome job. She had a wet wipe and was either blowing or wiping until her nose was completely clean. She looked like a brand new child! I was so proud! She then proceeded to wipe the nose of everything in the house... book characters, baby dolls, the giraffe rug, puzzle pieces. It was adorable!

Clean nose




Madeley has this crazy habit of turning her bunny pink side up and laying down on it. She'll do this anywhere... my lap, the kitchen chairs, the top of the toilet, the stool in my closet, the recliner, the tray of her high chair, wherever! Her teacher even mentioned it to me. She said, "She sure does like the pink side up. She won't settle for it any other way."
That's the truth!!



Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Madeley is a smart little girl to keep her own nose clean. That isn't easy for a small child. She is also considerate of her toys which is a nice thing!

She looks adorable with her pink bunny. I am so glad she still loves it.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011