Saturday, February 19, 2011

Coffeetime oops

Every time I drink coffee, I always finish it before I get up and start moving around. Also, Madeley always follows me when I leave the room. That being said, Madeley has never been left alone in the living room with a cup of coffee... until today. I got up to go to my bedroom for a minute this morning, and for some reason, she didn't follow me. When I got back into the living room, Madeley was helping herself to a sip of coffee (it was luke warm). I immediately said, "NO MADELEY!!" Then she threw the cup into the seat of the recliner. Nice. I watched as the coffee seeped into ever crack and crevice of the seat.

This situation made me think back to some advice my friend Tara had given me. When her daughter, Lola, gets caught with something she isn't supposed to have, Tara must be very positive about it. Otherwise, Lola will chunk it! Tara has to say something like this, "Oh Lola, what do you have there?" She says this in a very sweet and interested voice, so that Lola doesn't feel threatened. I should have taken this advice today! I should have said, "Madeley, how's your coffee? Can Mommy have some?" If I would have said this, I'm certain Madeley would not have tossed the cup! Lesson learned.

.......................

Ha ha. If you're friends with my sister, please ask her how shoe shopping with Caroline went today. Bahahahaha!!

......................

American Idol viewers...
"Baby lock the doors and turn the lights down low."
Ha ha. Derrick can imitate this guy perfectly and it makes me laugh every time. Before the guy went on Thursday night, Derrick said, "He better not sing baby lock the doors and turn the lights down low!" I laughed. Then American Idol did a montage of the umpteen times that guy has sang the song. Hilarious.

...........................

Yesterday was a LONG day.
This is how it started:



And this is how it ended:




Poor baby. I love her!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Morgan, I think your reaction to Madeley with the coffee was perfectly normal, but Tara's advice probably does cause less mess. I react more like you do!

Love you all and the precious pictures of Madeley.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011