Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How do you sound?

Do you enjoy singing? Like out loud? For some people, singing is a gift. For others (like me), not so much. I love to listen to music, and I love to belt out my favorite songs. I should remember though, that the rest of the world doesn't want to hear my voice. Haven't you ever longed to be on a stage performing an amazing song? Everyone must have wanted that sometime in their life. Well, the closest I'll ever get to a stage is my shower or my car. And Madeley is the only audience that will ever be happy to hear me. When I sing to her, she just smiles. When I sing to Derrick, he laughs. Which is fine... he likes to sing too, and we aren't very different in that area, if you know what I mean.

Do you ever think you sound really good? Today I was singing the Glee version of "Poker Face," and I just sounded great. "Pa Pa Pa poker face, Pa Pa poker face." I thought I sounded exactly like Idina Menzel. But then again, that can't be right. If I sounded as good as her, I could be in Wicked. And, I'm not. I have seen my friends reactions when I've played iPod Idol. To play, you put in your ear phones, and sing aloud to the song. All the people around you hear is your voice, a cappella. They've all laughed at me, a lot. I've had two shining moments including the following songs:
"Gunpowder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert
"Blaze of Glory" by Jon Bon Jovi

To be honest, it is such an amazing feeling to sing the loudest and best you can. But you must be able to laugh while you're doing it!

I never wanted my mom to sing a loud, but I hope Madeley never feels that way. Right now, she sings with me. I hope that lasts!






................

Sorry that this is short tonight. I actually got up at 5:15 today. Yay me! The night owl in me is yawning! I will be sleeping late in the morning. Then Madeley and I will enjoy some "You've Got Mail" and coffee. (No coffee for Madeley, of course. She just gets to lick the spoon!)

Love you for reading!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on give the girl a sip or so of your coffee, I do, she and Jaren love our coffee and conversation in the mornings. Let the girl be just a little grown up she will thank you for it later. Just kidding, enjoy your time together tomorrow. I will miss her love you both.

LeLe said...

I sing "Pokerface" to Winston but I change the words to "Sl-sl-sl-slobber face, sl-sl-slobber face." Yeah, I'm THAT mom. I also do "All the Pretty Babies" (All the Single Ladies) amongst other songs... :) Winston loves it.

Betty said...

Did you give Madeley a dill pickle in the first picture? She surely is having fun in the second one...are you singing to her? Love you.

Dianne said...

I tell people that I believe I am the only one in our small, country Church who has not been invited to sing in our choir...we are always looking for new members. I wish I had a pretty singing voice, but I don't.

I am glad you sing to Madeley, and I'll bet she will always love to hear your voice.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011