Friday, February 11, 2011

Gossip

We finally got out of the house tonight! Madeley was STIR CRAZY! Immediately after getting out, she was the happiest child in town. We went to eat dinner, and she just smiled and waved at everybody... and nobody.



She's actually laughing in that picture, even though it could be passed off as crying.

We made some cookies today.


They were our Valentine's gift to Derrick. Except for Madeley couldn't wait to get her hands on them!!


Just another fun day together!!

........…………

Now to the blog topic...
I saw the Today Show yesterday and there was an interesting segment with Meredith Vieira. She had some researchers on that were defending the act of gossiping. They stated that gossip is... Are you ready for this?... Healthy. Really Today Show? Since when? Pretty sure The Bible, oldest book ever, says that gossip is not okay. Now I am not here to say that I have never gossiped. Because believe me, that can be an addiction, but I do still know it's wrong!! Everyone knows it's wrong! Everyone except the Today Show and its researchers. Their argument was that gossip can boost one's self esteem (essentially by bringing another one's down). It can help people get burden's off their chest by saying how they feel about others. Gossip can bring the spotlight onto the person with the "interesting" story.

I think I watched the show with my mouth wide open. At one point, a girl said, "Prostitution may be the oldest profession, but gossip is the oldest hobby." Hence, the reason it just happens to show up in the Bible! They might as well have been defending prostitution.

I'll tell you this, even though I know gossip is wrong, it still happens. BUT I will always teach Madeley to respect other people. Treat them the way she wants to be treated. And above all, follow the guidelines God has given us... not what the Today show says is okay!

I hope you agree. Love you for reading.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Definitely missed that. That is BIZARRE. Not to mention, I always end up feelin bad after gossiping. Like I need to go apologize. It's a temporary fix.
I love that they paralleled prostitution. Does that mean its ok, since its the oldest profession and all?
Silly Today Show, who do they think they are?

Dianne said...

Morgan, I usually watch the Today Show, but I missed this segment on gossip. I am sure I would have been as upset as you were about what was said. I am proud of your stand and what you want to teach Madeley. She is blessed.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011