Monday, February 21, 2011

Life with Madeley

Life with Madeley entails surprise after surprise. She's learning so much each day, and it makes me excited to see the process. Obviously, teaching and learning is a big part of my life. Learning is a daily goal I set for my students. When I see it happen, I am delighted! So you can imagine how I feel when my daughter learns. She recognizes patterns daily. She thrives on routine. It amazes me that she understands what comes next each day.

Today, my friend Jaki came over with her twins Sayde and Mayce. Cutie pies!


They enjoy watching Madeley play. While playing, Madeley spent a lot of time putting coins in a piggy bank. Once she had all the coins in the bank, she threw the piggy bank at me. I set it down. Then she threw the piggy bank at Jaki. I said, "I think she wants you to open it."
Jaki opened it, dumped out the coins, and Madeley happily started returning the coins to the bank. Without asking, she found a way to get the bank open... even though we each got hit with the pig in the process!
She's learning to dance, speak, think, and explore. I love it! Now today, she did something strange. I had her at Brian's (my brother-in-law) office. Before I knew it, she'd stripped. She's never done this before, but she figured out how to take her clothes off.






Hi y'all! I'm strolling along holding my belly. She loves to hold her naked belly!

Later on in the evening, Jessica kept Madeley so I could visit my dad. When I got back, Jessica was feeding Madeley some of her hamburger helper. Madeley obviously thought every bite should be hers. Here's a video...

YouTube Video

Madeley knew Jessica had the food, and she wanted it. Little piglet! She also closed her eyes on that last bite. Love it!

That's just glimpse into a day with my little sweet pea!

.........................

Bachelor blog:

What was going on with the funeral home commercial? Really? Are they advertising on the Bachelor? And the horror music during the funeral home scenes... Oh goodness!

How cute was Ricky? Precious! And Emily even called her Ricky Tick. Like Rikki-Tikki-Tavi... loved that! The date with Emily could not have been cuter. My favorite quote all season...
Emily: Brad Womack is not leaving this house without kissing me. That's for damn sure!
Ha ha!! (Aunt Dianne- sorry for the curse word!)

I obviously want Emily to win. Tell me who you pick!

Love y'all for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Betty said...

Cute, cute pictures of Madeley! And, the video is adorable! I'm so glad you are posting these; I get to watch her grow up a little each time. She is so precious and Jessica looks great in the video. I look forward to all your posts. Love you.

Dianne said...

I agree with Betty about the video and it is nice to hear your description of how Madeley is learning. Children are like little sponges--they absorb so much!

That is all right about the curse word--I hear one every now and then.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Love that video!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011