Monday, February 7, 2011

Who's tired?

Who's tired? Me, you, everyone? Maybe the more appropriate question is, who isn't tired? I know this girl is...




Is it strange that some of us move through life longing for the next nap or bedtime? When we were in kindergarden, we got a nap and a snack everyday. Once out of kindergarden, that rest time is snatched away!! I believe my high school students would function much better with a nap after lunch, and so would I. I know my tiredness stems from staying up too late. I'm a night owl! I long so much to be a morning person, but I'm just not! The strange thing is that I feel like this world caters to morning people. Most people have to be at school, work, or appointments starting at 8:00 in the morning. I would do much better starting at 11 or so. Sleep late, drink coffee, then get ready when I decide to. Although I long for a day starting later, I do feel much more productive if I'm up early and accomplishing something. I'm just not good at doing that. What I would like to know is this: how do I go from being a night person to a morning person? I want to make this gigantic change! I want to pop out of bed at 5 am!! This would solve a lot of problems. If I could consistently wake up at 5, I would not run late. If I was not running late, I would not have road rage. See how this works out?

Another group the world caters to is right handed people. I'm right handed, so I have no complaints in this department, but Derrick does. Not only does he think that all "important, successful" people are lefties, but he thinks the world is against them. Scissors, can openers, everything is designed for righties... in his opinion, of course. I think it's fun to find random "lefty" items, such as notebooks with the spiral on the right. I never realized how left out this group of individuals must feel. Maybe the same way I feel when I'm forced out of bed at 5:30 to make it to a morning person's job.

I'll bet the world's a really nice place for right handed morning people!

...................

Bachelor blog...

How many times does Brad say, "That being said..."?

Why is it that when Brad is explaining himself, he asks himself questions and then proceeds to answer them. Example: Am I sorry I treated those women the way I did? Absolutely. Do I wish I could go back and change things? Probably not. Do I think I'm a changed man? Without a doubt.

And finally... Michelle HAS to go home!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

LeLe said...

People still watch the Bachelor? Who knew? Haha.

I am so not a morning person but I started making myself go to bed by 10:30. My life is much better now, although I HATE going to bed that early. It makes getting up at 5:30 a little easier. Of course, coffee is a must. I love those days when I don't have to be at work early and I get to stay up late. I would also function better if I could sleep until 8 or 9 (except having a baby makes that impossible) and then be at work at 10:00. I always thought being a college professor would be perfect, then you could schedule your classes whenever.

Betty said...

I admit it...I am a right-handed morning person; and you are correct...the world is a really nice place. I like the fact that you have sympathy for Derrick's left-handedness. And, I have sympathy for your 'not a morning personness'..haha. Keep these funnies coming. Of course, that means you are up even later; but, I'd surely miss them if you stopped.

By the way, my word verification for this is wirize. As in wired? As in more coffee, please? Appropriate word for today's post, eh?

Anonymous said...

haha. love that leann goes to bed at 10:30 and says that's early. i TRY to stay up until 9:30! that's late for me! even on weekends, i'm up before 7am, alarm clock or no alarm clock. i love being a right-handed morning person :-)

Dianne said...

Adorable picture of Madeley!

I am more of a right handed, morning person but I do tend to stay up later than I should. A nap would be nice, but I rarely get one. Just keep trying to get up about 5 a.m. and maybe it can become a habit...I think you are remarkable to do all you do!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011