Friday, February 4, 2011

Need a little help ladies?

We are all aware that Valentine's Day is approaching. Derrick and I rarely buy each other gifts, but sometimes a small gift is appreciated. Buying for my husband is hard, especially if I plan to spend a little bit of money. Heck, give me $200 to $300 and I can find 10 presents for Derrick. But give me $20 to $50 and I'm stumped! Using my favorite site, etsy.com, I have put together a small list of fun man gifts. Some of them are great, and some of them are funny. Some of them are cheap, and a few, not so much. Needless to say, I hope you enjoy the list! You may find something you want to give to your extraordinary, wonderful, handsome husband... just to remind him that you love him!

1. Personalized engraved pocket knife
Not expensive, and a guy can't have too many pocket knives!




2. 7 spice- imported from Japan
This spice can go on meat, chicken, rice, or noodles. If your husband loves Japanese, like mine, he may love this tasty spice.




3. Deer stag head wall mirror
This is not cheap, but it is hilarious. There is no way in heck that I would allow this in my house, but I can just see my husband, and many others, thinking this is just fantastic!




4. Chunky mittens for men
Men wear mittens? The picture of the man posed with the mittens cracks me up!




5. Pure wool men's beanie
Not quite sure what I think about the beanie, but the picture's nice. Don't you think??




6. Aphrodisiac love gift basket
Just sounded a little interesting... "Exotic blend of essential oils that are said to promote sexuality and sexual energy." Hmmm...




7. Size matters hand knit fringed man scarf
I think the "size matters" part of this description is hilarious! What does that mean anyway? Side note: this scarf is seven feet long. Yes, seven feet long.




8. Personalized hand stamped key chain
This is a sweet gift. I used to make hand stamped dog tags at my Dad's hardware store. Who knew I could have been making and selling fun stuff like this! I just stamped Freemont over and over again!




9. The big game stein
Okay, so I had to look up the word stein. It means cup. Did anyone else know that? The description is "manly cup." Which I think fits this item perfectly! Great gift for a coffee drinker. Also, free shipping on this item.




10. Select 15 pc. milk chocolate letters
Sweet, yummy gift for chocolate lovers!




11. Cereal bowl bright blue
What a wonderful message when your husband gets to the bottom of his cereal or soup. It's great for kids too! Is this cheesy? Maybe so...




12. Leather bi-fold hand stitched iPhone case/wallet
This is an interesting and handy commodity. Not sure that Derrick ever gets off his phone long enough to put it in a case, but it's there if you need it.





...............

We have enjoyed our snow day. We had a wonderful dinner and we've been watching old episodes of Dawson's Creek all day! Fun times!















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Betty said...

Some great ideas here...others, not so much. I think the picture with the mittens is a woman with large, hairy arms. I don't think you'd EVER find a man in mittens! Let me know if you see one...or better yet, take a picture..haha.

Too fun post!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011