Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Indulging in Addictions

Are you addicted to something?

Definition of addiction: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming.

In many situations, addiction is a bad thing... alcohol, drugs, prescription medications. Or not so bad... hunting/fishing (you know who), caffeine, chocolate. I fit into this category. You know I'm addicted to coffee. I know my body must be dependent, because I get a headache without it. But I know a huge part is psychological as well. If I don't have coffee, my morning smile turns upside down! All of a sudden, I feel like a bear that just came out of hibernation. My road rage intensifies and my eyebrows remain constricted the entire day. I've literally had students ask me if I'm okay on these non-coffee days. It takes a lot of guts to look at a teacher and say, "Are you in a bad mood?" I whip around and growl, "What? Why?" Usually by this point, I realize I'm yelling. I hate to take out my frustrations on those little darlings, so as a precaution, I drink coffee every morning.

Now today, I received another addiction in the mail. Just a little ironic...




I am utterly and totally addicted to this movie... to the point that my friends are concerned. I recorded it last February and I think Madeley and I have watched it 200 times in the past year!



Tom Hanks ranks right up there with Mickey Mouse!



If I'm addicted to drinking coffee and watching You've Got Mail, you can imagine how happy I am on Saturday mornings when I get to do both!

What's Madeley addicted to? Pink bunny rabbits!!



.........

I would like to take a moment to say I love my husband! Marriage can be hard, differences arise, and arguments are inevitable. Derrick and I have very different battling tactics. For example, if someone was attacking me, I would cower in the corner and cover my head. I immediately start apologizing even if I did nothing wrong! Derrick, on the other hand, knows how to argue. I think he majored in it in college! Well, since we've been married, I have learned how to be stronger and he has learned how to be more openminded. Isn't that what marriage is about? Learning how to accept each other, and adjust when necessary?







We have come a long way! See you tomorrow!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Morgan, Betty introduced me to your blog and even helped me with a Google account--she is wonderful and so are you!! I just love what you are writing and will follow as often as I can. The pictures are so cute...Madeley is just adorable.

Love you.
Aunt Dianne

Betty said...

Addictions...everyone has them, even if they don't admit it! Mine is CoffeeMate Sugarfree Vanilla Caramel liquid creamer. If I can't have that in my coffee, I don't want the coffee...how bad is that?

It's really cute that you have students who are able to ask if you are having a bad day...they must trust you, if they are willing to ask. Good on ya!

LeLe said...

You've Got Mail? Really? That cracks me up. I don't really know if I have any addictions. Twitter, maybe. I can live without Facebook but don't take away my Twitter. It's my inner monologue.

Anonymous said...

At least your addictions are amazing! What would the world do without "You've Got Mail" and of course the close second of "Sleepless in Seattle" Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks = Movie Heaven. And Derrick has always been a great .. "debater" lol It's from the Wilson side, I'll argue with a brickwall. It's a flaw of our genetics. Lucky we're just so cute you have to forgive us :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011