Sunday, February 6, 2011

My funny husband

So I asked Derrick who he was going for in the game tonight. He said, "Uh, the Steelers, I guess."
I said, "Well, I guess we're going against each other." I just thought it would be fun for us to pick different teams.
He said, "So who are you rooting for?"
Remembering I had seen a G on the screen, I happily said, "The Giants!"
He giggled and said, "Are you sure?" I obviously don't pay attention to football, so I started second guessing my answer. I said, "Maybe Greenbay..."
He just laughed.

A little later in the game, Greenbay scored and I was quick to say, "Oooh, I'm ahead!"
Derrick said, "Yeah babe, the Giants won."

Derrick could, and sometimes does, make fun of me all the time. I say things without thinking. I don't use common sense. And sometimes I hate to admit I don't know something, so I just say whatever I can think of... which is usually wrong. He's so witty. He has an immediate hilarious response to anything I say. Which just makes me love every second with him! He helps me laugh at myself.


.............

We had a wonderful super bowl dinner tonight. Not the usual game time food.


Marinated, grilled turkey breast
Twice baked potatoes
Blue cheese spring mix salad

I highly recommend the turkey breast! It's a lot like chicken, but better. I let Derrick think it was chicken. Then I told him it was turkey after he said he liked it, he he!

Blue cheese is my new favorite salad topping. I went many years refusing to even taste it, but now I want it on every salad. If you want my advice, you should at least try it!

I hope everyone is enjoying the evening. Love you for reading!

P.S. Madeley is a little better. She didn't eat much today and ran fever most of the day. She went to bed a little after six, poor baby! I'd rather eat grass than see her sick!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

Madeley's little eyes look tired in the picture with Derrick; I hope she is 100% soon!

The Giants? Hey, you're doing better than I am. I couldn't have told you who was scheduled to play...not our 'thing' anymore. Anyhow, I'm glad your team (whatever the name) won. Did you have a bet with Derrick? Like, maybe, cooking for the next year..haha?

Dianne said...

Morgan, Aunt Betty told me about your blog and helped me with an account so I can comment. I love everything you have written and especially love the pictures of Madeley, Caroline, and Carol!

We hope that Madeley feels better tomorrow. She is just precious.

Uncle Bubba and I were pulling for Greenbay so we were happy with the game last night.

Love you,

Aunt Dianne

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011