Friday, June 10, 2011

Ahhhh!!

I got up today with the intention of driving to Fayetteville to see my wonderful friend Dara. I immediately showered before Madeley even woke for the day. As the morning progressed, I slowly lost it. I burned toast in the toaster. Then I decided to broil some cheese toast, but walked away and forgot about it. Huge mistake! Who forgets they are broiling something?? Then I decided to try the cheese toast for the second time, and when I went to get it, it flipped over and landed in the bottom of the oven. Burning cheese everywhere!!! Meanwhile, Madeley's screaming mad because I won't let her help me get stuff out of the oven. So, completely dressed and ready to go, I call Dara and say, "I'm not coming."

Of course, Dara is sad. I may still go, but I think I need to sit and drink a cup of coffee for a second. My morning issues had nothing to do with Madeley, nothing to do with packing, and nothing to do with burning toast. I think I've had a busy, emotional week, and I haven't taken a few minutes for myself... a few minutes to stop and be glad that I'm free for a while. So I am going to do that now. Madeley's napping, and I'm going to sit in the quiet and enjoy my French vanilla peppermint coffee. Then,
I may head up to Fayetteville for a short visit.

................................

Can you tell what Madeley likes to do?



She looks like a little hobo in the above picture.




She's obsessed with baskets these days! And that hat always ends up being there too.

Happy Friday!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I hope you and Madeley were able to make the trip to Fayetteville to see Dara and that the rest of your day was easier than the beginning.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011