Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ups and downs

Yesterday I was up for change. I was tired of messy and ready for clean. I worked in mine and Derrick's bedroom for most of the day... cleaning, folding, and telling Madeley no. She was all over everything. I went through both closets, pulling out clothes to donate. At around midnight last night, I took a long, deep sigh and was pleased with my work.





But now I feel like it's blank... it needs some ummff! You know what I mean by ummff, right? Well, I'm playing with the idea of painting the furniture with chalk paint. Jessica says no, but we'll see! I can be a DIY girl, I just know it!

Okay, all that aside, I was down today. I had a headache and didn't want to do anything. I am irritated now, because if I worked for one week as hard as I did yesterday, this house would be amazing! I could spend this summer getting stuff done, or thinking about doing it. Now I know the headache and weather held me back, but it won't tomorrow!! I want this time to be spent with Madeley and/or spent being productive. I plan to do a few things in the spare bedroom, then I'll let you know if I've decided to paint the furniture in my bedroom. By the way, my parents bought me that furniture when my sister went to college... 1996. I can change it now, right?

..........................

Adam Levine on The Voice... nice. I think I'll vote for him. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Betty said...

I can positively state that I don't think cleaning EVER becomes fun; but, it is nice once it's done, eh? Your bedroom looks fine...but then, people will tell you I'm into 'minimalist' living...easier to keep clean, fewer things to dust and vacuum around, etc. I do spend a lot of time picking up dog toys; but, that's just fun because they enjoy playing with everything in their toy boxes.

Glad you have the summer to spend with Madeley!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011