Sunday, June 26, 2011

Deliciousness!

I ate a lot today. I hope you don't mind me telling you that, but it's the truth. To start the day off, I had one of my mom's favorites. I can remember her eating this every time the fresh tomatoes were in season. She would slice a tomato and toast a piece of bread. Then she would cover the toast with a slice of tomato, salt and pepper, then a slice of cheese. To finish it up, she would put it under the broiler in the oven. It is so delicious!!


It makes for a fresh, yummy breakfast! I would have liked to have broiled it a little longer, but the smoke alarm went off. Joe freaked out, as well as Caroline and Madeley, so I turned off the oven. My breakfast was still wonderful!

This afternoon, I ate tons of sweet watermelon. In my mind, once you combine sunshine with a delicious watermelon, it definitely feels like summer. While at the pool, Caroline tamed a little butterfly.


Really... the butterfly LOVED her! It kept coming back to sit with her. Of course, she thought it was just amazing. Bug lover! Her mother will never understand her, poor thing!

This evening, we had a family get together for Jessica's birthday. Dad made a pork roast. Ahhh... it was so good!! He does a great job. He even added a few pork chops to the crock pot and they turned out delicious as well! But before dinner, Jessica HAD TO HAVE CAKE! Now, I worked really hard on this cake... what do you think?


Two layer strawberry cake with cream cheese icing, thank you. It was delectable! And it was the first thing these girls went for!


So I went ahead and lit a candle.


And Jessica had a piece.



We had an enjoyable evening. I'm always happy when we get together at Dad's. But, we knew it was time to go when Madeley and Caroline both had meltdowns around eight o'clock. They played and swam so much today... they were bound to breakdown at some point!

Thanks to Dad, Jan Jan, Aunt Betty, and Aunt Kristi for helping with dinner and dishes tonight! We appreciate the help!!

And thanks to you for reading. Goodnight!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake looks AMAZING!!!!

Dianne said...

Sounds like you all had a great day of good food and fun to celebrate Jessica's birthday. The pictures show some very happy people, and the cake really looks delicious!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011