Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fish continued

Well, Derrick and I had a wonderful day. Watching professional fishing is a lot more fun than I expected. I took a magazine, a book, and earphones, just in case I got bored. But I never did! It was a beautiful day, I enjoyed the company, and the anticipation of seeing a big fish was definitely in the air. We did not see a lot of action in the first few hours. We rode down the river around 11 and saw Gerald Swindle. The highlight of my day! Not only were we able to get less than ten feet from his boat, but he was lively and talkative. Here he is reaching down for a fish...


This was an exciting moment. Everyone cheered while Swindle danced! As I said on Facebook, his quote was, "I'm shakin like a first kiss in the movie theater!" Too funny!


He was definitely worth watching!



The afternoon was also filled with drama. Several of the anglers got stuck at the final lock and ended up being 5-7 minutes late. They are penalized one pound for every minute they are late, so I know they were stressed beyond belief. Some of them hadn't caught more than 7 pounds, so they weighed in zero for the day. That's tough after fishing all day, but it's a risk the guys take when they travel down the river. Denny Brauer ended up winning. I was still a little bit mad at him (see the last blog entry), so I only clapped a little.

The afternoon was fun. Derrick, Madeley, Michael, and I traveled to Little Rock for the weigh in. Madeley did great!! Here she is messing with her sun glasses and smiling.


She cracked me up at the weigh in, because she continuously wiped her forehead with a wet wipe like she was oh so hot! It was hot, and she was too cute!

To sum up this fishing blog, I had a great time experiencing one of Derrick's favorite hobbies. Watching the big guys was exciting, and I was glad to experience it with Derrick. I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the day. This is for all my friends that send me sandy beach feet pics!


River water... nice! Ranks right up there with the ocean!

Thanks for reading. If you are completely uninterested in fishing, please don't stop reading my blog. This was a special event, I promise!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011