Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chasing Fireflies

Madeley and I headed to Little Rock today to see Jessica for her birthday. We enjoyed visiting with her and seeing her new house. They are starting the moving process this week, and it's going to be amazing!! I can wait to do a post about the finished product. I know you'll love it!

Madeley and I brought Caroline back to Dad's house, and we're having a sleepover! Although, Madeley did already go to sleep... she just can't make it much past 8. When it starting getting dark, Caroline asked if the fireflies were out yet. As soon as we saw them, we headed outside. Let me tell you, catching fireflies is not as easy as it used to be. First of all, Dad, Caroline, Joe, and I were all looking. This made for a very interesting event. Dad thought he was going to head into the woods to catch some... ummm, no.


Caroline and I were both in our pajamas. Glad no one drove by!
We finally caught one, and Caroline was so excited! She has a bug jar that has holes in the lid...


At one point, she told me, "The firefly is staying at the top of the jar because he loves those air pockets!!" I just nodded and smiled. I enjoyed attempting to catch tons of fireflies and only ending up with one. We will start a little bit earlier next time.



Now I must go. Caroline and the Disney channel await me!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I am so glad Jessica had a good birthday, and I can hardly wait to see the pictures of her new home. I know it will be beautiful.

Love the pictures of Caroline with her firefly. She is too cute.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011