Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blog break

Okay, so I took a three day blog break. I know you could probably tell that I've been stressed about blogging in the first place. I don't know what my deal is, but anyway... I need to catch you up!! Derrick and I intensely tuned into Big Brother Thursday night for the live double eviction. We were both very upset when Jeff went home. Sad day for BB.

Anyhow, Friday night we relaxed. Then yesterday, I frantically cleaned my house for the Pampered Chef party. I thought the house looked great, and I was so proud of myself. Here's a look at the kitchen... clean bar.


Although the day turned out okay, it did not start off that way. For some reason, Madeley woke up crying and never stopped. I really had no idea why. Tired? Teeth? Here's how breakfast went...
Smile:


Mad that I won't let her stick the peanut butter sandwich to her cheeks.


Stop taking pictures.


Not happy.


Poor thing. I assumed she had aching gums, so I gave her some medicine, which helped. She ended up laying down at 9 and sleeping past 12:30. Again, not sure what schedule we're on.

She was very good for the remainder of the day though. She really enjoyed playing in Janna's Pampered Chef bag.








If only I could keep that big ole bag forever... she'd be a happy little toddler. We rolled around the kitchen several times, and she loved every minute of it.

When it got close to Madeley's bedtime, Aunt Betty came over so that Derrick and I could go to dinner with Jaki and Cliff. It was an enjoyable evening out. We even sat outside and the weather was great! I really needed that time with Derrick and our friends. It refreshed me.

Now, let's talk for a minute about my clean house. Do you ever obsess over cleanliness right after cleaning? If my floors and countertops are clean, and the smallest crumb falls, I immediately want to clean everything again. I feel the need to sweep, mop, and vacuum today to get up anything that has fallen in the last 24 hours. I want everything to remain spotless!! Madeley has a new obsession with carrying around baggies of Cheerios. She'll eat them around the clock. And I feel the need to follow behind her, catching every crumb that drops. I don't know how this has happened, but I'm the same way at school. I want everything to stay clean. Literally, this transformation happened in the past 2-3 weeks. I forget how amazing a clean house and classroom can make me feel until I see it. Do you know what I mean?

Now that I've updated you, I'm going to read. I'm on the third Hunger Games book now, Mockingjay. So good. We stayed home from church because Madeley laid down for an early nap, again. This afternoon, we will be heading up to Little Rock to see Jessica. I'll take some fun pictures.

Sorry about the blog break, and thanks for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Your kitchen looks great, Madeley looked sad then very happy. I am glad her day got better and that you and Derrick had some time together Saturday evening.

I know the gathering at Jessica's was fun and I hope you can post some pictures from the event.

Love you.

Cara Norton said...

Agree 100% about the clean house. I will clean the floors then see a piece of grass. I bring Brian into the room and ask him where the grass came from. Like he knows!
It is a never ending battle at my house. I guess it will only get worse as we add more kids to our family.
Now I know why my Mom kept her broom (dust mop as she calls it) out all the time in the kitchen. You always have to use it for the kitchen floors to stay clean.

Anonymous said...

New cabinets may be installed in the course of your kitchen countertops replacement to assist you generate a color pattern and design which is complimentary all through the whole room.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011