Friday, August 19, 2011

One week down

First of all, I'm a little too tired to be blogging. My eyes are getting blurry, and I need to sleep soon. All I can really say is that this week has had its ups and downs. My coworkers are wonderful though, so I'm glad to be with them.

I know that each year of teaching can be different. Different challenges arise, whether I feel equip or not. But... amazing teaching moments are not rare if you commit yourself to being a great teacher. I've committed myself, so now I'm waiting for those moments. I need to see them... they're what keeps me going.

As a "young looking" teacher, I have to start out stern. This is sometimes hard for me, because I would prefer to smile and be happy. But smiling happiness is not always successful in the classroom. So I've tried to balance my serious faces with smiles, since seriousness is not my forte. I don't want to look mean all the time. When I look back on my favorite teachers, they weren't "happy go lucky" all the time. They were teachers, and they showed serious faces and smiles.

I wonder if the first week will be the predictor of the year. We'll just have to see.

........................................

Can you believe the West Memphis Three are free tonight? I can't believe it! I thought we'd never see the day. I'm not sure what your opinion is, but I lean toward thinking they are innocent. My friend Elizabeth has always thought they were innocent, and she passionately tried to convince me. If you listen to the stories, it's hard to imagine they did it. But the question that remains is, who did? Only God knows.

I wonder what they will do with their lives now. I hope they successfully move on. They must be tired of being the WM3.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Thankfully, your first week of school is over and most of it seems to have gone well! Glad you like your co-workers. You are a good teacher, and I truly believe there will be many great teaching moments this year.

Enjoy your weekend with Derrick and Madeley.

Love you.

The Vaught's said...

So glad you are enjoying your co-workers, that can really make a difference! I also struggle with the stern versus smile thing! Hang in there!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011