Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wonderful Speaker

We had the most amazing speaker I've ever heard today. I was shocked that Sheridan was able to schedule a person so influential. His name is Chad Hymas. He is a paraplegic and Wall Street Journal has named him one of the top 10 most inspirational speakers... and that he is!! I cannot even begin to explain his greatness in a simple blog. He is funny, intelligent, hard working, and insightful. It is obvious that he has overcome one of the hardest obstacles God can give, and he's done it with integrity and intensity. His parents, wife, and children encouraged him to be better than he was before his accident. He has even been on Oprah... I know, cool huh? To be honest, he taught us many lessons. He taught us to change our behaviors when it comes to being teachers and parents. He taught us to do our best despite the lack of resources. He taught us to give time to our students.

He also suggested that we go home today and feed our children ice cream sundaes for dinner... because we can. I knew I couldn't back down from that challenge to make a happy moment with my Madeley. She loved it!


I know I wasn't the only parent to do this tonight. It's like we couldn't walk away from that presentation and not want to buy ice cream for our children!! And not want to better ourselves as teachers for our students. He also talked about Melanie... if you and I ever talk outside this blog, I'll tell you the story of Melanie.

Here's Chad's website...
Chad Hymas

If you ever have the opportunity to hear this phenomenal speaker, please do so!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Morgan, I have not heard of Chad Hymas, but I did review his web site and can see why he would be a wonderful, motivational speaker. So glad you had the opportunity to see and hear him. You are a great teacher, and you are going to have a great year!

Madeley looks so cute eating her ice cream sundae...I wish I could have joined her. I know she was glad you heard Chad and took his advice.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011