Tuesday, August 9, 2011

School Mom

Here's Madeley's first school/my mom's a teacher experience...


She loved sitting in the desk!! I hope this is an indication that she will love school as well.

Embarrassing story...

Today was my first day with the entire SHS faculty. At one point, the facilitator asked us to "pair share" our reading prompt. I was in a small group with an older and a younger guy. The older man told us that we were supposed to take turns reading aloud. So I said, "Well, you start with the first paragraph..." Then the next guy was supposed to read, then me. The older guy said, "No, we'll just alternate sentences." Well, whatever... I thought, already uneasy about reading aloud in the first place... a MAJOR weakness of mine. So, by the time we got to the sixth sentence, I was reading. I finished and looked up. All the people surrounding me were staring at me. Weird. Awkward. Then someone said, "Pair sharing means you read individually, then pair up to discuss afterward." Oh great! Thanks for the info!!

As you can see, I'm off to a great start!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

Love the picture of Madeley at the desk! As for the 'pair sharing'...I didn't know what it was, either. Seems as though they could have been sensitive to the fact you are new to the group. One of my favorite phrases is, "Well, you could have told a person!" Sorry you were left red-faced. Love the fact that you are willing to share these moments.

Dianne said...

Madeley looks like a perfect student! So cute! I do believe that this is going to be a great year for you and your students even though "pair sharing" was a new experience.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011