Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hope I'm ready

I do hope I'm ready for tomorrow. I've been worrying all day... everything from new school to new daycare to new students to first days. Worrying is another waste of time, so I'll try to stop that now.

Hopefully I'll have Madeley dropped off at 7:15 and be in my classroom by 7:30. Fingers crossed. I always start out getting up early at the beginning of the school year, then I hit the snooze button more and more as the year progresses.

I finished the final touches in my room today, and I've snapped a few before and after shots.

Here are a few before...









And here are the after...











I laminated some previous student work to display as wall art. And we never did get around to doing the lantern decorating... while I know it would have looked amazing, I had to take care of business first. I finally finished today around 4:00. I could use another 20 hours, but at least I'm ready for tomorrow!

Please do us a favor and remember all teachers and students in your prayers tonight. The first few days usually set the precedence for the entire year!

Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Your room is amazing! It is so bright, clean, and cheerful. I said a prayer for you this morning, and yesterday our minister had prayers for teachers and students. I hope this is a good year for all teachers, students, and parents.

I am anxious to hear how the first day of daycare for Madeley goes. She will probably love it!

Love you.

Betty said...

I love the look of your room; and, I especially like your sign about the 'influence of a good teacher'...so very true!

You mentioned worrying...I always like the saying about 'Worry never solves tomorrow's problems...it saps today's strength'. Hope all your worries were for nothing. You will be fantastic!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011