Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ready ready ready ready

Ready ready ready ready, ready to run! Ha ha, just kidding. I'm going to work tomorrow. Nine to six. Yes, nine to six. What a great way to end the summer and start a new school year!

I would just like to mention a few great moments I've had over the past week...

Madeley has started saying please and thank you. I love it!! She's not always consistent, and she mumbles a bit, but she's adorable! Here she is with Lindsay this weekend...



Friday morning, my friend Jaki fed Madeley and I a delicious breakfast. It was like our last little pow-wow before school starts. It consisted of fried bologna biscuits with freshly grated cheddar cheese, homemade hash browns, sliced strawberries, and icy orange juice. Delicious!! Jaki is always quick to feed me something that makes me happy, and visiting with her makes me even happier. Thanks Jaki!

Yesterday, Derrick and my brother-in-law, Brian, helped me finish arranging my room. I was so thankful to have their help, and Brian even stayed until I finished unpacking every box. He was very good about making sure I stayed on track. I am thankful and relieved to have my room in order. Thanks Derrick and Brian!

Today, Madeley and I went to Rebekah's house while Derrick and Aaron took care of some duck hunting business. I always enjoy time with Rebekah. We talk nonstop about everything under the sun. At one point today, I was sitting on the couch and asked Rebekah if she had any lemonade. She returned with a full glass of yummy CountryTime with a bright yellow straw. The drink was so inviting and refreshing. It was one of my favorite moments today. We had a luscious pasta dish for dinner that consisted of bacon, chicken, and heavy cream... need I say more?!? Thanks Rebekah!

I am so thankful for these happy moments this week!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Betty said...

I'm ready ready ready for pictures of your classroom! Glad you had such a fun final day of summer vacation.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011