Thursday, July 21, 2011

Daycare

So Madeley got into the daycare across the street from the high school, which I am very happy about. This will be a great place for several reasons. She'll be very close to me, she'll get lots of interaction with children her age, and she'll hopefully be learning on a daily basis. I know she's a good learner, because Sue taught her a lot last school year. This summer, I've tried to keep that up, but I'm better at playing and watching Super Why and Dinosaur Train. I know, I should feel bad, but this is my only chance to love on her and enjoy each moment.

Anyway, back to the daycare topic. While I'm very excited about this opportunity, I am also nervous. I don't think she can take Bunny or her paci. How will she deal? Or how will I deal?? Am I ready for her to grow up? Probably not. Here she is with Bunny and her paci...


Can she let go of them??


Jessica has been telling me to get rid of that paci for almost a year now. I've just never been ready. I tried it a few weeks ago, Madeley cried for about 3 minutes, and I gave it back. I'm a sucker... no pun intended. I give in because I love her, and I don't want to see/hear her hurting! But the last thing I want is for her to be 4 or 5 years old and still be sucking on that dang thing. I'm good about taking it away during the day, but I don't know that she could nap and sleep without it. I'll never know until I try. Tell me what you think. I don't want her first nap at daycare to be her first nap without her paci... they'll hate me!!!!

As for Bunny, I don't want to have to ever take him away. She adores him! No harm done right? At least with the paci, I have the teeth topic to argue. But with Bunny, what's the problem?

Am I crazy? I'm sitting here at noon on a beautiful summer day, arguing with myself about how to handle the two items my child loves most. There are bigger problems in the world!!! I'm going to take this issue one day at a time. For all I know, the daycare could allow pacis and bunnies. If you know for sure, please tell me!! Ease my mind on the topic!

Thanks for listening to my crazy thoughts!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I think you should check with the daycare to see exactly what Madeley can bring with her. If she cannot have the paci and the bunny, I would just suggest you try weaning her from one of these and then the other. If she is allowed to have them, you can work on separating her from them gradually. It probably won't be easy for Madeley or you, but I promise she will be fine eventually.

Love you.

Betty said...

Can't give you any help on this one..never had to deal with it. We're heading out tomorrow for the mountains. Didn't want you to think I'm not interested in what you are posting; we won't have internet access while we are gone (11 to 21 days, depending on how everything goes). I'll catch up with all your posts when we return. Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011