Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I thought I was smart...

I know I was smart at one time. I mean, I could do some crazy math!! Now, I feel like I'm only great at Algebra 2 and Geometry. What happened to me? I know "if you don't use it, you lose it," but I wanted to hold onto those math skills for a little bit longer. I would like to be able to jump right back into some Calculus 4 and Linear Algebra! Maybe I just need to take some time to refresh my memory. The workshop I'm attending really puts me in my place. We aren't just a room of teachers, we are a room of learners. I like the challenge of new problems and figuring out patterns, but I don't want to feel behind... I want to feel an "Ah ha" moment. I'm sure my students feel the same way. They get frustrated with misunderstanding the math, and end with giving up. Who learns from giving up? No one, that's who! So as this week goes on, I will continue to work toward understanding. I know application problems require serious analysis, and I'm ready! (Am I dorky too? It's possible.)

...................................

My former student, Amber, pointed out that I never gave you my review of The Adjustment Bureau. It was pretty good. I give it 3 stars (on a 5 star scale). It was interesting and entertaining, but not the best ever. When the movie was over, I felt like I was being watched to make sure I was staying on "the plan." If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

Thanks for reading!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I am proud of you for wanting to complete the application problems in your workshop, and I know you will. Have a good rest of the week.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011