Thursday, July 28, 2011

Madeley

I'm just going to talk about Madeley for a bit. She wakes up smiling every morning, just adorable. But cries the second I put her down to change her diaper... I'm not sure why she hasn't adjusted to that part of our daily routine yet. I fix her milk and put her in her highchair for breakfast. She eats well every morning, usually a banana and a peanut butter sandwich or cereal. The second she gets out of the highchair, she starts hunting for that paci. She knows where I usually put it, so she dances around and fusses in the same spot until I am able to draw her attention elsewhere. But this doesn't last long, by ten, I've given in. She has the paci. And she's the happiest little girl in the world! She takes early naps, somewhere between 10:30 and 11. And she usually sleeps about 2 to 3 hours. Since she sleeps through lunchtime, I feed her as soon as she gets up. Then we play, run errands, watch television, swim, or just whatever. As the past few days have progressed, I can see her attachment to me. I can also see how she thinks screaming and crying will get her what she wants. Have I spoiled this child in a matter of weeks? It seems like summer started just yesterday. I don't remember her being spoiled then. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. Here's what I'm thinking though... I think Madeley is one of those children that is a perfect angel for others, but goes crazy when she's with me. Jaki agrees with me, I know she does. Anyone else? Anyone else have one of those kids? Now I wouldn't trade a second with my Madeley. I love her to death! But do recognize that I am at a crossroads. This is the time where I can make sure she learns how to behave by being stern and absolute, or I can let her get out of control. She knows that I stay on her constantly about listening, following directions, and behaving. I just hope she's learning!!

Here she is watching tv while riding the rocking horse this morning. Notice the bunny is right there!





She just loves that bunny! I was telling Jessica, lately Madeley's been laying the bunny out nice and neat, then she puts her palms on it and does several chest compressions. She does this all the time, and it looks just like CPR!

Today, we left the bunny in the car while we went into Walmart. As we were leaving, she said, "Bye bye!"
I said, "Say bye bye bunny."
She then said, "Bye bye buddy!"
I thought... well, I guess that will work too. Sweet thing!

Thanks for reading!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Madeley is a very sweet thing, and she will gradually learn under your loving guidance. Raising a child is not always easy, but it is rewarding! I can assure you that there will be many frustrating times before she is grown. Just try to remain as constant with your discipline as possible (easier said than done, I might add). You are a great mother!

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011