Saturday, July 30, 2011

What now?

I finished The Help last night, which was my reason for not blogging. I was just anxious about reading and didn't want to blog first. I loved it. The book is so good on so many levels. I was left with one of those "what now?" feelings though. I was so caught up in the lives of the characters that I'm still thinking about them now, except there is nothing left to read. I do have the movie to look forward to, and I hope it doesn't let me down. If you haven't read the book yet, please do. It opened my eyes to so many sides of the south in the early sixties. I have talked to people who grew up in that time period, and I am amazed at the stories. The book left me wanting to go back in time and be nice, be friendly, and reach out. If you've read it, you know what I mean!

So for real, what now? What book should I read next? I want one just as intriguing and emotional. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!!

..............................

Here are a few pictures...

Madeley's been hanging out with Caroline.


I allowed Madeley to feed herself yogurt... How do you think it went?


Derrick took this picture of the sunset this evening. Absolutely stunning. I love the rays of sunlight stretching out!



Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Laura read The Help and loved it. I haven't yet read it but want to and want to see the movie.

The pictures are adorable and I meant to say in my last comment how precious Madeley's pictures were. Madeley and Caroline are so cute and so cute together.

The sunset is gorgeous. God has such an eye for beauty.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011