Friday, July 1, 2011

Progress Progress

Jessica is almost finished moving into her new house. She has been working her tail off and is starting to see some progress. I went up to LR yesterday to help (in whatever way I could) and to bring Caroline back with me. Now, see if you can picture this... When I moved into my house, Jessica came over and started putting things up, moving things around, practically doing what I should have been doing (I was 5 months pregnant). When I went to her house yesterday, she first wanted me to sit with her for a minute. Then she had me make up Caroline's bed (I'm good at that). Then she had me unpack a box of pots and a box of spices. The rest of the time was spent exploring the house or playing with Caroline. I'm just not a go-getter like Jessica is. And she was tired, so she wasn't on my butt about getting things done. She wanted me to relax with her for a minute, which was nice. I will say that I helped some, and I was glad I went. I'm going to share a few pictures with you, but with the following disclaimer in place: Jessica would like all of you to know that the house is unfinished. This is in no way the way the finished product will look. Thank you.

Front of the house (taken yesterday)


Kitchen lighting


Tall kitchen cabinets... I couldn't reach the top shelf with a 10 ft ladder!


Half bath wallpaper and lighting (love the birds!)


Living room (view from the kitchen)


Wallpaper in the music room... this is the wallpaper that was originally hung upside down. Could you even tell if it was upside down/downside up? I couldn't!


View from the front balcony. The railing was installed today.


Today's view of the front with the railing included.



A few of my favorites:
-I love the flames that constantly burn in the fixtures at the front.
-I love all the blue. There's lots of it, and it's so pretty!
-I love that the kitchen aide mixture has it's own cabinet that it swings out of.
-I love the huge footed tub.
-I love that there's a washer and dryer upstairs and downstairs.
-I love the soft, cushiony wool carpet.
-I love that when I called Jessica tonight, she was laying in the floor of her big ole closet! She loves it!
-I love that Princess Tiana stares out the dining room window at all the people creeping by to catch a peek.


(Yeah, Jessica may be losing it. You can say it.)

Well, it should all be perfect within the next few weeks. I'll do another post featuring the bedrooms and bathrooms soon. I hope you have a happy weekend and holiday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Sooz said...

Its gorgeous! Give our best wishes to Jessica and her family.

Dianne said...

Thank you so much for sharing all of these beautiful pictures. So much has been accomplished since we saw the house in May..everything is just lovely. I can hardly wait for more pictures.

I am also sure Jessica appreciated all of your help, Morgan. You are blessed to have each other.

Love you.

Betty said...

Wow, it's come a long way since we saw it in May! Of course, with Jessica decorating it, it will be a showplace! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. And, what a sweetheart you are to watch the girls while Jessica unpacks. Good on ya!

Cara Norton said...

Thanks for sharing. I love her house.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011