Monday, July 25, 2011

Switched at Birth

Tonight on Switched at Birth, we found out that one of the mothers knew at 3 years that her daughter had been switched... but she never told anyone. As her 16 year old daughter cried and expressed her confusion and anger, the mother said this:
At 3 years old, you were mine. You were my daughter. I couldn't give you up.

Broke my heart!

I know the daughter was hurt and upset, but I somewhat understood the mother. How can you "give up" the daughter you've taken care of and loved, even if the switched one waiting to replace her. If you don't watch the show, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. It's great, and you can catch up on ABC Family.

................................

I stumbled upon an interesting blog today called Cocina Marie. The blogger's name is Marie Saba, and she is a popular chef, cookbook author, and cooking show host from Austin, TX. Her blog is a mixture of recipes and real life. Check out these two entries... you may like her too.

My [Usually] Uneventful Life

and

Meet Chef Lloyd

Thanks for reading!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I did review Marie Saba's (Cocina Marie's) blog and found it to be interesting. You and Marie are smart young ladies.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011