Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunsets and Quiet times

Derrick is fishing tonight, and sent me this picture...


How beautiful and peaceful is that? My friend, Dara, arrived this evening. We are currently sitting on opposite ends of the couch enjoying the peaceful quiet. I'm not sure how to explain it, but while I have enjoyed this week, it has been very draining. By the end of the day, I'm ready to sit and relax. It may be that I'm just not in the routine of getting up early and going all day... not sure. I just know that I am immensely enjoying this silent moment. Dara and I always have a lot to talk about, but right now, talking isn't a priority.

I would have loved to have seen the sunset with Derrick. Maybe he'll take me sometime soon.

..................................

Funny story:
Madeley was in timeout for one minute tonight. When she got out, Dara told me that I was supposed to have Madeley apologize. So I leaned down and said, "Madeley, you need to say I'm sorry."
She scrunched her eyebrows together, stuck out her lip, and said, "Bumm mum umm bsummm." Her poor little eyes were just pitiful!! I knew that she must have had some experience with the word sorry before. Now I know she can at least attempt some form of an apology. Sweet girl!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

A truly beautiful sunset--maybe Derrick will take you to enjoy one with him very soon.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011