Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fun in the sun

I was so exhausted last night, so I didn't get a chance to blog. We left early in the morning and headed for the lake. I thought Madeley would be excited...


But she perked up once we got there.


It was her first time out on Derrick's boat. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. She's been to the lake on a deck boat before, but not on a boat like Derrick's. At first, she loved it!


When she wasn't driving the boat, she was looking at me. I'm sure the hair blowing intrigued her.


Her only problem was that she wouldn't keep her mouth closed, so her spit was flying all over the place!! She got just a little bit antsy. This is a sweet picture of her holding onto Derrick...


After riding around for a little while, we found a nice, shady spot. It was like our very own red clay beach!





We enjoyed lounging in the shade for a bit.


Madeley literally swam for hours with no complaints. She loved it! On the bumpy ride back to the boat ramp, she fell asleep in my lap for the first time ever. She just doesn't do that, and it was so sweet! After a 7 minute cat nap, I woke her up to take off her life jacket and swimsuit. I figured she would fall back to sleep on the way home...


But nope! No chance of her sleeping in the car.


Doesn't she look tired though?


I put sunscreen on her all day long, but the little strip under her eyes still got red. She looks much better today though.

I would have to say that our lake trip was successful!! We saw lots of friends and had lots of fun!! I hope we get to go back again this summer. It's so pretty out today, but we aren't too anxious to get out in the sun just yet. We might later on today. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

Love, love, love all the pictures!! Everyone looks great!

Dianne said...

Great day, great fun, great pictures! You look so much like your mother in the picture of you and Madeley in sunglasses that I did a double take!

Love you all. Happy July 4th on Monday.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011