Sunday, April 17, 2011

Adulthood

There used to be a summertime Walmart commercial with lots of children running around. The spokesman said, "They never wonder where the hot dogs come from. They never wonder where the popsicles come from..."
I love this commercial, because it relays the unawareness of children. When I was young, I was oblivious to the responsibilities of my parents. I never wondered where my food, clothes, or other necessities came from. I just knew I was being taken care of daily. Now that I'm the adult, I'm like, "Holy cow! How'd my mom do this??"

Really, how does any adult do it? I think adulthood and parenthood can make people go crazy! Wouldn't we, as adults, give anything to be completely taken care of for a day? Just to give us a break, and remind us of how wonderful childhood was.

I think these are the reasons why shows like Parenthood are so funny. Getting to see adults deal with real situations is very interesting. I watched the movie Date Night the other day. Crack me up!! They sounded exactly like every married couple I know. It just feels good to know that there are other adults out there going crazy! Even if it is just a show or movie.

I love Madeley to pieces, and I wouldn't give up our time for anything in the world. My alone time used to be precious to me, but it's no longer a priority now. Hence the craziness! I hope to always be her provider and her support, even at the expense of my sanity. Ha ha!

...................................

Here's my little Keepie doll...







Doesn't she look like this?




When I was young, I was told that the older the Kewpie doll got, the taller it's peak grew. I just thought the little point grew slowly over time. Really. No joke.

..............................

I would just like to say how proud I am of Jessica for "roughing it" the past few days. Her power went out early Friday morning, and it thankfully came back on a few minutes ago. I know she's relieved!

Thanks for reading. Let's all go against human nature and enjoy our Monday tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Adulthood and parenthood take patience and fortitude..good luck as you continue to tackle both.

Madeley is the cutest Kewpie doll ever!

I am so glad that Jessica's electricity is back on because having none reminds me of what it must have been like to be a Pioneer Woman.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011