Friday, April 15, 2011

What a Day!

Today was long, difficult, and challenging. Oh how I wish I could tell you about it. Does that bother you? Does it bother you that I have a long, difficult, and challenging story, and I'm not sharing it with you? Probably. If I were reading this, it would bother me. I decided a while back not to blog about work encounters. Not to share those stories with you. And not to let on how insane my job can get at times. One word can actually explain it all: teenagers.

Definition: adolescent, a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity

Does that explain it? I do work hard for those kids each day. I bust my butt to teach them what they need to know. I listen to their stories, their comments, their jokes, and occasionally their problems. It's a heavy load. A heavy load I chose to take on eight years ago. I'm not complaining (well, not until we start talking salaries), the load just gets a little too heavy sometimes. I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm glad testing is next week. I'm glad I've made them work hard, with no breaks, up to this point. I will be even more glad when I see that they passed their test. Then they know they learned.

To sum up this bit, I love my job. I know I do a great job at it. It just sometimes kicks my butt, like it did today. I'm just happy I lived to tell the tale. Well, sort of tell the tale. Thanks for listening to this nonsense. Have a happy weekend!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I am reading this on Saturday morning, and I am sorry you had a difficult day yesterday. I know you are a great teacher and that someday all of your students will appreciate you and what you have taught them.

I hope and pray that you, Derrick, and Madeley have a wonderful weekend and that you will be refreshed for next week.

Love you so much.

Betty said...

Hope life will be easier at Sheridan High. Looking forward to our face-to-face visit in 26 days!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011