Friday, April 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Father's Day

I'm blogging early so I can link up to Kelly's Korner. Today's topic for SUYL is Mother's Day and Father's Day ideas. Tough subject.

First of all, I would like to say that Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning now that I have Madeley, and I am the mother. If I didn't have her, it would seem like the worst of the 365 days! I would be in the midst of everyone celebrating their mothers, while I sat in a pool of tears. But God knows what he's doing. I've blogged before about how I feel that God gave me Madeley to help me get past the loss of my mother. Here we are Mother's day...


My first mother's day was so special! She was still so little. Her we are now...


Madeley and Derrick...



We have never really done much for these special days. Just a card and maybe a small gift. Mostly, it's just important to spend the day with the individual, mom or dad. Go to church, have lunch together, enjoy the relationship. I think that is the best way to thank a mother or father.

Jessica likes to give framed pictures for special holidays, which is such a great idea. Mothers, fathers, and grandparents love to get pictures they can display. The best present I ever gave my father was a homemade card. I took this picture...


to a friend's scrapbooking store and made a precious card. I wrote all the many things I love about my dad inside the card. I literally think he carried it around for a month showing it to people. He was so proud! It was a very inexpensive gift that made his day!

As we enter into the season of Mother's Day and Father's Day, I hope we consider how thankful we should be that God gives us these amazing people. Even though I do not have my mother now, I'm so happy I had her for 27 years. And I cherish every day I have with my dad.


They raised me well. Haven't decided about Jessica yet... ha ha just kidding!!

Love you for reading. Enjoy your weekend!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Boonies in the Boonies said...

Love you lots and miss you tons.

Dianne said...

What a beautiful blog, Morgan. Even though Bubba and I no longer have our parents with us, we have wonderful memories of them and our love for them. We were both truly blessed as you and Jessica are. Madeley and Caroline are certainly fotunate, too.

You are right that gifts don't have to be expensive..just being thought of means so much.


Love you.

Dianne said...

I am sorry I left out the "r" in fortunate and didn't catch it before the final posting.

Betty said...

Okay, so in addition to mothers, fathers and grandparents...aunts and greataunts love pictures, too! So, let's have them! You can give them to me when I see you next month, eh? Love all the pictures you are posting on your blog!

Stephanie said...

Another great blog Morgan with wonderful pictures! Our church does something really cool on Mother's Day and Father's day to honor those who have parents in Heaven. Makes me cry everytime, but its so very very special at the same time to be able to show how special my Mom still is eventhough she's still in Heaven.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011