Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Resurrection

Matthew 28:1-7

1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”


In church today, our preacher discussed the effects on Christianity if Jesus had not risen from the dead. Essentially our belief would crumble. The resurrection is the heart of Christianity, and without it, we would have nothing to stand on. Sin and death would rule. But they don't, because the resurrection IS real. Christ is alive. We have eternal life to look forward to, because Jesus lives. I do hope this was the center of celebration today. In the midst of eggs, candy, and bunnies, the Lord is waiting for us!

......................................

Are you ready for this? Are you ready to be swarmed with pictures, stories, and just plain adorableness? (Is that a word? My auto correct accepted it, so I'm going with yes.)

Here is Madeley trying out that new chair.


If she tries to get out, the whole thing falls forward... face plant.

So she just grabbed one egg this morning. Shook it. Then backed into my lap. I knew she immediately wanted to eat those jelly beans. It went against everything in my soul to let her eat jelly beans at 7:45 am. But I let her, and she survived. Just a perk to the Easter Bunny visiting!

Here we are after church.


Madeley was just a tad bit uncooperative. Just a tad.


Caroline's ready to catch Madeley if she flies out of Dad's arms!!


Madeley was determined to take that big bow. It's so large, it kind of just teases her.
Wonderful family photo...


Jessica... such a wonderful, helpful, fabulous, incredible, amazing, beautiful sister. (This is not a paid advertisement. This is how I actually feel.)


Jessica made sure we had our lunch for today. Palette Catering meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, and fresh steamed asparagus. Delicious! The meatloaf is to die for.
Jessica also got Madeley some precious silver sandals to match the beautiful smocked dress that once belonged to Caroline. Jessica just makes it all happen. She's great! Thank you Jessica!!!

Dad looked great today. I know he was so happy to spend the day with us!

Cutie pie...



After Dad's, we headed to Woodlawn to see Derrick's family. Yes, I ate again. Talk about some food! Great homemade goodness. Derrick's mom made my favorite, cornbread salad. Love that stuff. Love it!
After eating, we had an Easter egg hunt. It took Madeley seconds to catch on...





Whoa... don't miss the basket!


Loved the time spent with family today.

...................................

Just to clarify...

Derrick warned me that this would happen. He told me it would. I even consulted my aunts, and they confirmed it. But I went ahead and did it. I named my child after my mother's maiden name, Madeley. And for some reason, NO ONE can pronounce it correctly. We hear tons of versions. The correct pronunciation is Made-lee. Use the word made. It's in the name. Then add lee to the end. Simple! Or so I thought...
Friday I got a voicemail from the pediatric clinic (schedule 18 month check-up), and oh how I wish you could hear it!

"Yes this is ________, with Arkansas Pediatric Clinic. I'm calling regarding Madil Madillia..."

Really? Madillia? Is the spelling of Madeley that bad? Is there an a on the end? I'm lost! I was just trying to honor my mother, and Madeley ended up with an impossible name. And I do it every year. Every year, I pronounce a student's name incorrectly. And sadly, he/she has to correct me every time. That's Madeley. She's that kid. Hopefully since we will be in Sheridan her entire life, everyone will learn her name eventually.
Ha ha.

Thanks for reading! Hope you all had a happy Easter!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Dianne said...

A wonderful post to your Easter blog today, Morgan, and how appropriate to start with the story of The Resurrection of Jesus. We had a beautiful church service today, too, which began with our children singing Jesus Loves Me and Amazing Grace.

It was so good to see the great pictures of your loving family. You all look fantastic! We can hardly wait to see everyone in person soon.

Hopefully, Madeley's name will become easier for people to pronounce. I just know that over these many years, few people have spoken my maiden name (Madeley) correctly. It seems easy to us but it must not be to many others.

Love you so much.

Betty said...

Thanks for the pic of Madeley in her new little chair...I knew you would honor my request..haha. Great pictures of the family (some by Jessica) including the one of you, Rick, Jessica and the girls..just adorable! Great family picture of you and Derrick and Madeley, also.

I don't find the name Madeley hard to pronounce at all...why is that, do you suppose? At least she won't be confused with others of like names..no chance of that.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011