Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thank You Husband

So I am a mental midget. I've told you that. I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I'm mad, when I'm stressed, when I'm anything. Well, today was just one of those days. We went to church, which was wonderful. We hurried home, changed clothes, ate lunch, and tried to get to Dad's house. Jessica was there, and any minute she was going to call and say, "Where are you?" So I was trying to hurry. My house was a COMPLETE WRECK!! As I started out the door, knowing I wouldn't be back until dinner, my eyes filled with tears. Derrick was immediately worried. Nothing was really wrong. I'm just a mental midget. I couldn't wrap my brain around when I was going to clean the house and do the laundry between visiting family, fixing dinner, and taking care of Madeley. I didn't want to feel the stress. I just wanted to get rid of it. Throw it out the window. Burn it in a bon fire. Flush it down the toilet. Whatever. I just wanted to get rid of it! Derrick assured me that everything would be okay. "It's just a few toys," he said. I accepted a few tight hugs from him and Madeley, and headed to Dad's. Not before Jessica made that phone call though.

About an hour after being at Dad's, I received a text message from Derrick...





The message said "I gotcha started."
Really? Derrick? Is that you? I praised him, thanked him, told him I love him. To be honest, I can't even describe the weight that was lifted. The fact that I was going to be going home to a clean house made me smile and well, cry too. Told you. I cry in EVERY situation. Derrick's next message said, "Expect the unexpected." I should do that. I should be more optimistic.

So this is my official, public thank you to my Derrick. He even washed two loads of laundry. He eased my uneasiness and lifted my stress. I love him.

...................................

Do you see this?


They have returned. The cardinals have come back to their home. Male and female. Just one problem... no feed in the feeder. I had pretty much given up on my cardinals ever returning. I haven't bought seed in a long time because... what for? I shouldn't be a bird snob. I do love them all, but with no cardinals, I found it hard to continue to fill the feeders. I will be at walmart as soon as possible tomorrow, buying the biggest bag of black oiled sunflower seeds I can find. Hopefully they'll come back for more soon!

..................................

Jessica feeding Madeley an ice cream sandwich on the couch...


Jessica attempting to eat her own ice cream sandwich with no intention of sharing. Poor Madeley...

YouTube Video

She just didn't understand why Jessica wasn't coming to the couch to share. But believe me, Madeley got plenty of yummy treats.

This is her tonight...
We've got a Dora watcher!



Thanks for reading.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

That Derrick...what a guy! How great of him to 'feel your pain' and alleviate your stress...he's definitely worth keeping!

I watched the Masters...good drama.

Love the pictures and the video of Madeley climbing down from the couch and getting on Jessica's lap...too cute.

Dianne said...

I wanted to also say that Derrick is a good man and I am proud of him for supporting you with Madeley, cooking, and the house! It is hard to get everything done.

Madeley was adorable in her determination to get to Jessica and the ice cream..a girl after my own heart. I am glad you could spend time with your Dad and with Jessica. Such fun.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011