Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Learner

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Madeley is like a little sponge right now. And I can honestly say that she has more drive to learn than the majority of the kids I teach each day. She constantly wants me to show her new things. She brings me book after book after book. She watches my every move. And the most adorable part, she imitates almost everything! Now that's not to say that she isn't independent. She likes to do her own thing for sure. But I think she knows I have all the tools right now. I know how to do it all, so I'm the person to go to. I'm the person to watch. Well, me and Derrick. He knows it all too. :)

Just within the past week, I can name several things she's learned.... new things she's doing. Her vocabulary is increasing each day and I can't wait to hear her next word. I never imagined being a mother could be so rewarding and magical.

I really like the quote at the top, because it is so true. Life before Madeley seems mediocre and boring now. I know it wasn't, and I hope not to offend anyone. But our life now is full of spice and adventure. I think Madeley has taught me just as much as I want to teach her. She's taught me that there's more to life than television. More to life than iPhone games. And more to life than sleeping late (even though that is awfully nice). The days when I get up early, don't turn on the tv, don't play with my phone, and just enjoy Madeley are the best! I'm so glad we have her. I thought the time in the NICU was hard, but God was just preparing her to come home and share this amazing life with us.

I have to share a few pictures and a WONDERFUL video with you. It is now one of my favorites.

Here, she's eating Rice-A-Roni's creamy four cheese rice. Amazing. It is one our favorites around here!

Patiently waiting...


Give me a bite... PLEASE!


Cutest little face...


Okay, here's the video. We have been teaching her to blow on her food when it's hot. Also, you'll hear a few of her new words in there.

YouTube Video


...............................

Ahh! Laundry folded. Clean, empty bedroom floor. It is so nice. I just had to push myself to do it, and now I have to push myself to keep up with the laundry. I can do it!!! (Right?)

Thanks for reading. If I become too obsessed with my child, just let me know. Ha ha. I don't want to Madeley-overload you! I recently talked to a new mom that said, "I never thought I would be the type to post pic after pic after pic of my child, but I just can't help it!" So true. Our children are our life, we can't help but share!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Dianne said...

These videos you are sending are just adorable--Madeley is really smart and beautiful.

Enjoy her and the clean bedroom floor!

Love you.

Betty said...

She has the most precious little mouth...she expresses even more with it than with her eyes or her hands, I think. Just too cute!!

LeLe said...

We love the cheesy Rice-a-Roni at our house too! She's too cute. I'm sure I do Winston overload when I post FB pics. I've sort of taken a break from blogging for awhile so I'm not really overloading with that. It's hard not to want to share the cuteness with everyone!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011