Thursday, April 14, 2011

Madeley Day

I've had a day with Madeley! Loved it! We stayed home for a couple of reasons. I didn't do a dang thing! I napped when she napped. I read all the requested books. I shared all my food. I watched all her shows. I enjoyed every minute!

Madeley loves to sit in my lap. If I'm sitting in the floor, she'll grab a book halfway across the room, then walk backward until she lands in my lap. Every once in a while, she peeks around her shoulder to make sure she's going in the right direction. This made me think of when she was just starting to crawl. She crawled backward before she ever crawled forward. Sometimes she ended up under the couch, because she couldn't go forward.


Help me!?!?


Mom?!? You gonna take my picture or help me out?



She soon figured it all out! Thank goodness. The last thing I need is her going backward her entire life.

Okay, y'all know Madeley loves to use her duck call. Well Derrick pulled out a bag of calls today... crow call, turkey call, who knows what else. Here is a video of Madeley trying to figure out the turkey call...

YouTube Video

She's going to be a hunter, I guess.

........................................

Tonight we ate Uncle Henry's BBQ. Yum yum!! If you live in Sheridan: Eat there!! I'm sure you already do. Why wouldn't you? I know they randomly close and all, but whatever. I stalk them until they open again. We had the pork plate. Wonderful! We also had this...


Heavenly Strawberry Shortcake

Goodness, it was good!! I wasn't the only one that liked it. My little food creeper did too.


Big bite!


She definitely got her fair share of my dinner!

......................................

I know some of y'all read The Pioneer Woman, right? I think she's hilarious. You may already know that. Hmmmm. Well, here's one reason why... she's doing a swaddling blanket giveaway, and to demonstrate, she swaddled Walter, the dog. The pictures alone make me nearly pee in my pants. You should check it out!

The Pioneer Woman Swaddles

Thanks for stoping by! Almost Friday!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Betty said...

What's wrong with going backwards? It lets you see where you have been (which may sometimes be better than seeing where you're going...haha).

I love reading about all the time you and Derrick spend with Madeley; what a fortunate little girl she is!

Dianne said...

Great way to spend a day!! Madeley is blessed to have two loving parents who want to be with her as much as you all do.

I think maybe she is going to be a hunter. At least she surely shows an interest in hunting accessories.

Love you.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011